RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay another. I have what looks like another coolant leak coming down where the trans and motor connect. Looks like it's leaking high and going right down the seam. Thought it was trans fluid but it's way too thin and does not have trans fluid smell, and is orange colored like my dexcool. Any coolant hose in that area?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm guessing freeze plugs. Though the leak looks like it's coming up high where the motor meets the trans and is leaking on the outside dripping down the seam. I would assume leaking freeze plugs would only be visible at the bottom of the trans.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ferret said:
mine had a right rear head gasket leak which accumulated in that spot
That'd be sweet. As in the sweet smell of cash being sucked out of my pocket.

Seriously that sounds more realistic than freeze plugs as I would assume the coolant would be pooling at the bottom of the trans/motor and not on the outside dripping from the top to bottom.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Have you checked throttle body heater, very prone to leaking on your year model, also check pipe that runs the top rad hose to inlet manifold, never seen one leak water there but more so oil on the left front of the cylinder head

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Using a mirror I see no leak from the head gasket. I'm thinking it's either intake or throttle body heater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts