RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: What's this funny looking connector under my centre console

It's to connect a Land Rover supplied cradle, (CR-3) to suit quite a limited number of Nokia phones. Which allows the phone to connect to the PTI system, offering a hard wire connection to the external aerial & charging for the phone. On very early models of RRS, ('05 & early '06) this was also the only way to get phonebook transfer to the PTI system, as the bluetooth system wasn't able to offer phonebook transfer. But this issue was addressed in subsequent RRS's by way of an upgrade to the bluetooth system.

IIRC the Nokia 6230 & 6230i, along with a few others were the only phones compatible. But the cradle is largely redundant now as the compatible phones are pretty much now obsolete. In fact the cradle has been deleted from later RRS's altogether, from MY08 onwards I think.

So unfortunately, no, not for your iPhone :(

·
Registered
68 Posts

I’ve changed the location of where I’ve hosted the pictures, but very annoyingly the forum will not allow me edit the post above, nor will it let me simply delete it. So I’ve had to create another post :roll:

Anyway, as stated, here’s a couple of pics of the Land Rover CR-3 cradle…..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the info.

SO this means that my RRSS already has a handsfree car kit charging / antenna phone integration solution in it.

Has anyone modded this plug to plug in an interface / adapter of some kind to accept the iphone ?

Worst /best case scenario, there are probably parts of this kit that are the same as one of the Ipod/iphone kits ( LR002787, LR004805, LR006792, VPLAE0001, VPLFE0002 ) -- so at best I could avoid some install time of reinstalling additional components from the LR kits -- anyone know anything about this ?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
hi Guys... i have just bought a 2007 RRS with this item under the armrest lid.. if i acquire the cradle and an old Nokia phone would my car be already wired for a telephone...or was this just a standard fit item..

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
If you have that under your armrest it is already wired. However it will not be supported. It was an analogue system. These days it is a space waster only good for novelty jokes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts