RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen tons of post over the last couple of years about extended warranties on the RR, but I myself am now interested in one. I've got a 2006 RR HSE and my warranty will expire mid August. I have not spoken to the dealership yet, but wanted to get some info from you guys before I did. I did a search since I know this has been covered, but I just ended up more confused. I've never purchased an extended warranty before so I have no clue what pricing and terms are like. I live in New York if that makes any difference as to who might offer the warranty.

So what are the costs?
Is this bumper to bumper? (Are things like brake pads and rotors covered)
Who does the repairs?
Are these companies reputable?
Does LRNA offer an extended warranty is it reasonable?

I know that everyone seems to say that it is worth it, so now it is time for me to find out what "worth it" costs.

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
carter840 said:
So I have seen tons of post over the last couple of years about extended warranties on the RR, but I myself am now interested in one. I've got a 2006 RR HSE and my warranty will expire mid August. I have not spoken to the dealership yet, but wanted to get some info from you guys before I did. I did a search since I know this has been covered, but I just ended up more confused. I've never purchased an extended warranty before so I have no clue what pricing and terms are like. I live in New York if that makes any difference as to who might offer the warranty.

So what are the costs?
Who does the repairs?

I know that everyone seems to say that it is worth it, so now it is time for me to find out what "worth it" costs.

Thanks
I just went through the shopping exercise to purchase an extended warranty for my 05. You need to make a decision as to how risk adverse you are and tolerance for "self insuring" (paying for) a breakdown.

So what are the costs?

I bought a 5 yr/100k mile contrat from carchex. Cost was approx 4k with a $100 deductible. I'm planning on keeping my 05 for a while so this gives me some comfort that I'm covered for most catastrophic failures.

It's close to bumper to bumper. Wear and tear items are included (things that haven't failed but close to their limits) and maintenance items like pads etc are never covered. Also things like paint, trim, cosmetic items etc arent covered. Look under what isn't covered.

Who does the repairs?

Most dealers and independent shops. Make sure your plan covers the full labor rate or as close to it as possible. My dealer rate is $112/hour and CarChex only covers up to $85. My independent shop is about that so I'm covered unless I really want to go to a dealer.

Just do your homework and you'll be fine.

They do offer but it's very expensive.

Good luck

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
42 Posts
I purchased an extended warranty from my dealership in February of this year. I know I am one of the few here, but I prefer getting my car serviced at the place it was purchased. I like getting a loaner car and the fact that Land Rover Corporate takes accountability for defects with their product and their dealers. The dealership sold me a 36 month/36,000 mile EasyCare warranty with a $100 deductible and full labor for my 2004 Range Rover with 36,000 miles for $2500. They threw in a free detail, and the first time I brought my car with problems (frozen front brake caliper, failed power-fold mirrors, condensation in the tail light), they took care of everything completely free of charge. Maybe this is an uncommon experience, but I think it is worthwhile to see what the dealership has to offer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just recently purchased one from Warranties 4 Wheels (877.844.7283, Stacy-rep, Wayne Craig-owner). I havent had to use it yet, but I spoke with insurer and got more indepth about coverage, etc.

Factor /Factor Exotic with optional seal/gasket & air bladder package - This is there top of the line everything, then I added the optional which upped the price of course; I got 5yr/unlimited. $100 ded. for ($4700). The deal closer for me was I had to pay $700 deposit, then remainder on a monthly payment plan, or remaining balance if I have to use extended warranty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone have the Ford ESP extended warranty, I bought an 06 RR HSE from a LR/Jaguar dealership, they sold me an Ford ESP Premium Care extended warranty. Anyone know if I can only take it back to the dealer I purchased the RR from, or can you still use these at Land Rover dealerships? If I can't use it at the LR dealer, then I would like to see if I can return it.

What extended warranties do the LR dealers accept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts