RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought of posting about what has been done to my p38 so far.date of purchase 21-06-10
it is a 95 4.6 hse with 117000kms on the clock
1.brake pads front and rear
2.spark plugs
3.engine oil+filter I.G.A.T oil 20w-50
4.front windscreen
5.new 88 amps battery
6.pollen filters
7.new exhaust center and rear mufflers
8.alternator belt
9.diff oil refill
10.fuel filter
11.air filter
12.breather hose
what is left to do
1.clearin the "alarm fault" can it be cleared without replacing the ultrasonic sensor?
2.replacing the front rh wheel bearing coz my ears are killing me
3.replacing the fuse box (posted thread before) i belive it can survive few more months.
4.fitting heat shields on top of the mufflers coz my a** is cooking inside the cabin `)
5.fixing the windshield washer pump (lost plug connection or burned pump?)can it be diy?if yes,please details thanks
6.fixing the sunroof (jammed or maybe left rail broken)
7.replacing the hveac panel (letters are broken)
usd spent so far 700$

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Odds are the pump isnt burned up for the washer. I would first clean out the sprayer jets with wire. Make sure all the tubing is in place. Whats keeping it from spraying is the dumb little anti-flowback T. Just drill it out and it will work fine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doctor Leo said:
Odds are the pump isnt burned up for the washer. I would first clean out the sprayer jets with wire. Make sure all the tubing is in place. Whats keeping it from spraying is the dumb little anti-flowback T. Just drill it out and it will work fine.
can the tubing of the washer coming from the washer pump be checked without removing the front spoiler?i can't fit my hand behind the front grill beneith the headlights?????

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
jorjiok said:
Doctor Leo said:
can the tubing of the washer coming from the washer pump be checked without removing the front spoiler?i can't fit my hand behind the front grill beneith the headlights?????

If water isnt dripping down than you dont have a leak. :thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doctor Leo said:
jorjiok said:
[quote="Doctor Leo":37h8ka0u]Odds are the pump isnt burned up for the washer. I would first clean out the sprayer jets with wire. Make sure all the tubing is in place. Whats keeping it from spraying is the dumb little anti-flowback T. Just drill it out and it will work fine.

If water isnt dripping down than you dont have a leak. :thumb:[/quote:37h8ka0u]
how can i check for the whole system for leaks,loose connectors,hoses?do i have to remove the bottom front spoiler?is there a way for checking the whole underneath system without dismantling the whole face of the truck?ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
You can try with a inspection mirror but I would just remove the cover. It will be alot eaiser. There isnt really any access ports are anything like that.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

Why not remove the front bumper?

This is disconnect the fog lights and loosen two bolts and the whole assembly can be taken off by two persons. (one at each side of the car just pull forward gently.) It takes just a few minutes to remove.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jos Geuze said:
Hi

This is disconnect the fog lights and loosen two bolts and the whole assembly can be taken off by two persons. (one at each side of the car just pull forward gently.) It takes just a few minutes to remove.

Regards

Jos
hello;
ur talking about the lower part under the front bumper right?so what i understand is that i do not need to remove the bumper (fender) just the part that sits below it right,the plastic one where the fog lights sits?am i right?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jorjiok said:
Jos Geuze said:
Hi

Regards

Jos
hello;
ur talking about the lower part under the front bumper right?so what i understand is that i do not need to remove the bumper (fender) just the part that sits below it right,the plastic one where the fog lights sits?am i right?
i looked at rave but it looks to me that removing clips and bolts is more involved in the process ,not just 2 screws,to access the washer only the extension spoiler must be removed or the entire bumper?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

I am talking about the whole bumper.

Unclip the electrical wires of the fog lights, remove the venting tubes from the fog lights.
take out the two bolts from the underside of the fixing brackets and move the bumper forward.
The whole bumper together with the bottom part and fog lights will come off with next to no force.
Removing as well as putting back the bumper takes just minutes. When reassembling make sure it slides in the side fittings smoothly by applying grease to the fittings.

Good luck.

Jos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts