RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a nice bodied 99 Callaway in my town for 3300 on craigslist, it supposedly is having a "fuse panel issue". I feel comfortable with the p38 electronics, as I had to solder mine all back together thanks to a rat after it sat for years. Whats the market for these, and is this worth the while?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Far too much for a P38 with issues.
Does it drive??

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I agree. Considering its a special model, what do you think would be a fair price? Im thinking 1500-2k if I can't hear it before I tow it. I gave a trade worth about $100 for mine lol

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
I dont rate the Callaways myself, too many issues.
I wouldn't go over $1k for it. If the seller thinks it's worth oodles because it says Callaway on it, so be it.
If it was that easy a fix, he'd spend the little amount a new fuse box in and fix it....

artin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats for the response, what are issues that are specific tot he Callaways? While I have always been a fan of the p38 but I am not experienced as I would prefer.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Heads are junk if a HG ever goes. They have been surfaced to death already, to the point where Callaway bodged it by using shims under the rockers instead of custom pushrods. No excuse for that from a company like them.
The intake tubes are carbon fiber and cant be replicated easily.
To be honest, most of the "performance" comes from the lower high range gearset in the transfer case.
There are a couple of plus' like the front diff and axle shafts, but thats about it.

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response, I didn't realize the modifications. I don't typically think of LR's are performance rigs in the powerhouse, as I have always been into BMW M cars. My rover hasn't ran quite right from the get go, so I don't know what the true power feels like. As I have a cylinder 5 misfire. I need to just replace the coil pack I believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts