Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I’m a proud owner of a 2009 HSE here in Virginia. I’m considering replacing my OEM 19s. Anyone recognize the wheels on this post from Instagram? The overall diameter of this rig appears bigger than mine, but the sidewall seems to account for much of that. Thanks!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone. I’m a proud owner of a 2009 HSE here in Virginia. I’m considering replacing my OEM 19s. Anyone recognize the wheels on this post from Instagram? The overall diameter of this rig appears bigger than mine, but the sidewall seems to account for much of that. Thanks! View attachment 297578
You can go to 18”s, IF you don’t have Brembo calipers, compomotive make a nice wheel that will work, some us, like me, have to stick with 19/20’s because of the caliper size clearing the wheel.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
2009 HSE? That’ll clear 18’s.

It used to be we had to downsize wheels to get good off road tire options.

Now options have opened up as more OEMs are putting 20’s and 22’s as factory options for trucks and SUV’s.

If I had to guess, I’d say you’d have a harder time finding the off-road selection for a 19 inch rim, and that 18’s 20’s and 22’s are about equal today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2009 HSE? That’ll clear 18’s.

It used to be we had to downsize wheels to get good off road tire options.

Now options have opened up as more OEMs are putting 20’s and 22’s as factory options for trucks and SUV’s.

If I had to guess, I’d say you’d have a harder time finding the off-road selection for a 19 inch rim, and that 18’s 20’s and 22’s are about equal today.

I realize I can find good options for tires. I was inquiring about these wheels in particular. I don’t want bigger rims.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just like my wife. Never answers the question I ask. Always answers something never asked. Stupid question: did you follow/message whomever posted the picture?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just like my wife. Never answers the question I ask. Always answers something never asked. Stupid question: did you follow/message whomever posted the picture?
If you read the first line, I answered the question. A previous post identified they were 18’s and I affirmed that SINCE he said he had a 2009 HSE that the aforementioned 18’s that were identified would fit.

I’m gonna answer the question, and then I’m gonna share what I have observed surrounding that subject. It’s how people learn. Especially if the question appears the OP is limiting themselves to options.

There are sizes of tires available today that weren’t available this time last year. Preconceived notions of why one might “need” 18’s are STRONGLY indicative that someone wants to go off road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I didn’t mean to sound unappreciative of any responses. But yeah, I’ve looked into tire options for 18, 19, and 20 inch rims. I prefer the taller sidewall profile appearance on 18s, assuming I maintain the same overall OEM diameter of my 255-55/19s. And I like the design of the rims in the photo. I tried to trace the original Instagram post but it didn’t lead me anywhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, I erred when I said Instagram. It was Pinterest. They all blur together.
Ironically, this photo popped up after I searched for “L322 with white roof” if you can believe that. I was curious if anyone ever tried a contrasting white roof on their non-white (say, green) L322. But like a cat with a ball of string, I was distracted by photos of wheels.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
123 Posts
@Greg C the white roof concept is interesting. I bet it would look good and is one of those things worth trying with a wrap since it would likely not be costly and is a flat surface and square so should be simple enough for them to do. I may try this with my Ipanema Sand [champagne] truck at some point

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
807 Posts
I read the question. I assume he wanted to know make and design name of pictured wheel. Not size and fit.
Since I didn’t have the answer, I remained quiet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts