·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,075 Posts
Look like black versions of the older 20" rims

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wish I could find a set of true "Mud-Terrains" just like my Nitto 35" tires fitted to a 17" rim on our Jeep Rubicon... except a true mud terrain pattern and tread height/thickness with a 31" outer diameter that fits to the 22" Stormer rims I have on my 14' RRS V8SC... You wouldn't get much sidewall flex with only a 4" sidewall thickness but it would provide absolute superior traction especially with the locking center differential and locking rear differential/axle... I figure it would go just about anywhere off-road our Rubicon will or can... On road performance with these Mud Terrains do really well on dry, wet, snow, mud, rocks, and even ice the Nitto's are surprisingly fantastic. The only terrain they don't do as well in is sand but I really don't come across any sand in the deep south.

Pic of our 15' Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 35" Nitto Mud Terrains on 17" rims...
Ginny's 2015' Black Rubi Jeep.jpg

Pic of our 14' Range Rover Sport Supercharged 5.0L SC...

If I could just find a set of 31.5" outer diameter true Mud Terrains with about a 4" sidewall with similar aggressive tread pattern and sidewall construction as the Nitto Mud Terrains are made of on our Jeep Rubicon... the Rover would be almost as Off-Road worthy as our Jeep Rubicon above... especially with the locking center and rear differentials, low gear crawl ratio, and great tranny! The Jeep tires could be aired down considerably less for ultimate grabbing on rocky terrain and of course the winch is an advantage... But the Rover does surprisingly well off-road with it's air suspension and only on street tires. It would be almost twice as capable with a set of comparable Mud Terrains yet keep most of it's On-Road
manners as well... One can dream I guess until a manufacturer steps up!
Rover Sport Supercharged 22 Stormers.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks like the tires are Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs. View attachment 282721
Hey, I just checked the Goodyear Duratracs out... They certainly are a true Mud Terrains that I speak of in my post above... I had an Explorer Sport Bi-Turbo AWD on 20" rims that these would have been perfect for both on and off road... I waited since 2015 for someone to make one for the stock 20" wheel I paid a premium for on the Explorer. I sold it recently after 10 miles outside of powertrain warranty the timing chain stretched (common problem with the 3.5L EcoBoost Engines Ford Refuses to Fix/Acknowledge)... $3300+ later I sold that hunk of crap and got our 14' RRS V8SC that came with 22" wheels that I love for their on-road handling and have relatively new tires for... Now I'll have to wait another 4 years for someone to make these for a 22" wheel or pay a small fortune for another set of good RR 20" wheels. Rant off...

I bet those tires do really well both on and off road! Good choice and more pics if you got them "MD-Dave"...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Best tires i have ever used Toyo, open country 275/55r20 , before using them i had the original continentals and had to change them every year , worn and damaged , with the open contries its been three years since i put them on , only had one issue caused by a nail...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Best tires i have ever used Toyo, open country 275/55r20 , before using them i had the original continentals and had to change them every year , worn and damaged , with the open contries its been three years since i put them on , only had one issue caused by a nail...
(Continential Brand) tires always... and I mean always screamed, "Cheap ass, sold at a Winn-Dixie near you", look to them on the sidewall and their tread patterns to me. And the fact BMW used them exclusively for a time... maybe still do... as their OEM go-to standard tires is probably the reason I never looked at a BMW for our vehicles seriously. I hear nothing but bad news about Continental. Weird since they are a German manufacturer and the "Krauts" are usually setting standards not sucking at them. My wife is a dark skinned, brunette "Kraut"... so I can say the word enduringly... I just can't let her hear me call her that under my breath at times!:love:

And I agree with Toyo's are darn good tires. Hankook tires made in/by Korea were/are surprisingly great performing tires as well. Nitto's and BFG's are my absolute favorite Mud Terrains though as I've taken them thru terrain in 2wd that I should have had to shift the Rubicon in 4Low to crawl thru. They do fantastic on ice too surprisingly... as do Toyo Muds Terrains do!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a K02 guy, I have close to 100K experience with them on 2 sets they last forever. Probably close to the best all around pavement and off road tire out there. They are of course not perfect, the side walls on K02s are weak so when you're off roading you do have to be careful or at least aware of what you are rubbing up against. I learned that lesson the hard way! Ran 35 K02s for years on my Jeep and then I went to 37 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, which I wasn't too happy with.

Love the K02s on the RRS in tough weather, hoping they'll be just as good in the sand as they were on the Jeep.

jeep.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
(Continential Brand) tires always... and I mean always screamed, "Cheap ass, sold at a Winn-Dixie near you", look to them on the sidewall and their tread patterns to me. And the fact BMW used them exclusively for a time... maybe still do... as their OEM go-to standard tires is probably the reason I never looked at a BMW for our vehicles seriously. I hear nothing but bad news about Continental. Weird since they are a German manufacturer and the "Krauts" are usually setting standards not sucking at them. My wife is a dark skinned, brunette "Kraut"... so I can say the word enduringly... I just can't let her hear me call her that under my breath at times!:love:

And I agree with Toyo's are darn good tires. Hankook tires made in/by Korea were/are surprisingly great performing tires as well. Nitto's and BFG's are my absolute favorite Mud Terrains though as I've taken them thru terrain in 2wd that I should have had to shift the Rubicon in 4Low to crawl thru. They do fantastic on ice too surprisingly... as do Toyo Muds Terrains do!
I tried nittos before settling with the toyos , they are good but they are soft and wore down gquickly compared to the toyos... i did like their patterns though... if only they made them sightly harder....

·
Registered
118 Posts
For the OP, the Goodyear Duratrac does not come in 21 inch.
The most aggressive-looking tire I could find for my 2014 RRS with 21 inch rims is the ATTURO snow tire.
I have not put them on yet, so can't say anything about the ride, comfort, look, etc., but hopefully will have on soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I'm currently having General Grabber AT tires 255/55R20 on my 2017 RRS. I'm not fully satisfied, side walls are vulnerable and I got them damaged several times on Moroccan stones. I'm definitely looking for an alternative for my 20' rims and my 1st choice would be BFs in 265/60R20 size. Did anybody fit this size on a RRS ? Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the OP, the Goodyear Duratrac does not come in 21 inch.
The most aggressive-looking tire I could find for my 2014 RRS with 21 inch rims is the ATTURO snow tire.
I have not put them on yet, so can't say anything about the ride, comfort, look, etc., but hopefully will have on soon.
Please keep us posted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts