RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, going through my 88, jack in good working order, extensions all there, lug wrench - good to go there. But I am missing what I believe would have been some sort of tool bundle in a soft plastic sleeve, that wrapped around the lug wrench, and was mounted in front of the jack, vertical, held up by the rubber "bands".

Not looking to replace the original, but maybe its a good idea to duplicate the tools - figuring RR engineers would know what was going to break, and could be fixed on the road?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
pliers, screw driver, the tool to manually operate the sunroof and I think a couple of wrenches.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone have a close up photo of the sunroof tool and know how/where it is used? My sunroof in my 88 is getting tired, I think this might be a good investment.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It is also in the tool pic I posted
It is the T looking tool to the right

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Does anyone have a close up photo of the sunroof tool and know how/where it is used? My sunroof in my 88 is getting tired, I think this might be a good investment.
track needs cleaning and lubbing thus the mechanism drags.
RAVE has the complete instructions on sunroof operation assembly and parts replacement, becareful do not damage force or break sunroof as parts are not sold.

·
Registered
39 Posts
track needs cleaning and lubbing thus the mechanism drags.
RAVE has the complete instructions on sunroof operation assembly and parts replacement, becareful do not damage force or break sunroof as parts are not sold.
Yeah, I've done what I can from the front but to do it properly I need to pull the headliner I think.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah, I've done what I can from the front but to do it properly I need to pull the headliner I think.
no you dont need to remove head liner or sunroof assembly. slide roof visor, remove glass or steel roof panel, remove wind deflector, remove 3 to 5 screws on each rail and the cross bar at the back of the opening.
wiggle the channel out of place, unlock cable from carrier, remove rail assembly.
clean lube and reinstall, if you decide to replace the glider cables you need to remove the motor and the cables slide out thru sunroof opening.
seem complicated and overwhelming at first but once you complete one side the next is much easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts