RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type/size of tires come with 2016 RRS S D model & 5+2

Hi everyone, new to the forum and will be welcoming my first RRS on February 12, 2016 (I hope). I purchased a 2016 RRS Supercharged Dynamic with all packages including 5+2 seating option. I did not order the stealth package or towing packages. I am trying to figure out which type and size tires I will be getting with my new RRS. My salesman and the Canadian configurator state that I will receive the 21 inch Five Split-Spoke ‘Style 507’ with Diamond Turned Finish. However, when you add the 5+2 seating package, under package details it states 20" wheels. As such I am confused. I have searched this forum but to no avail. Any help or comments would be welcome.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Re: What type/size of tires come with 2016 RRS S D model & 5

21" rims are what you would have received prior to checking the 5+2 seating. With the addition of the 5+2 package you will receive 20" as standard. There are a few existing threads on the 5+2 wheel limitations that can give you further information.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Just an update for everyone. Finally picked up my brand new 2016 RRS Supercharged Dynamic with 5+2 seating today. It came with 21 inch Five Split-Spoke ‘Style 507’ with Diamond Turned Finish rims! I am so thrilled. I would have been a little disappointed with the 20 inch rims included in the 5+2 package. Dealer confirmed that the 21 inch rims come automatically with the Dynamic package.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts

Wow, that is terrific news. In the past LR would not mount 21" on 5+2 rigs. Nice to see them lightening up a bit.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does anyone know reason as to why 22inch wheels are not available on 5+2 seating configurations. Is it because of load factors and towing reasons?

·
Banned
305 Posts

our 2014 5 +2 came std with 21" wheels. we put 22" OEM from LR catalog and had no issues after 3 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts