RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fascia on my 1999 4.6. HSE is looking a but shabby. The black "rubberised" trim edges - above the cruise control/hazard (etc) switch panel has some scratches on it and the vertical surround of the console by the head unit is badly worn.

Can anyone tell me what this part of the fascia is covered in? It seem to be a rubbery, plastic compound.

I have tried using bumper black on it to cover the damage but it doesn't seem to work. I am considering using boot polish but if someone can point me in the right direction I would rather fix it properly,

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
36 Posts
I'd like to add some color back to my steering wheel which is wearing off. Anyone know if there is any dye or polish for this leather?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it's anything like mine, then the actual surface itself is beyond trying to polish or clean it since it's all worn off. The more expensive solution here would be buying wood veneered pieces to replace them with

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
33 Posts
The fascia on my 1999 4.6. HSE is looking a but shabby. The black "rubberised" trim edges - above the cruise control/hazard (etc) switch panel has some scratches on it and the vertical surround of the console by the head unit is badly worn.

Can anyone tell me what this part of the fascia is covered in? It seem to be a rubbery, plastic compound.

I have tried using bumper black on it to cover the damage but it doesn't seem to work. I am considering using boot polish but if someone can point me in the right direction I would rather fix it properly,
I used fine rubberized bedliner spray. It isn't smooth, but I liked the textured look.
20140308_153930.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts