RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have 2 grand ($2000) of Range Rover money, what do you do?

I want to put some money into my RR for her 10th birthday. Nothing cosmetic. Any suggestions? Just want to keep her running strong. At 123k Miles right now and planning to keep her for the long haul.

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
All fluid changes

All tires balanced

New plugs and wires

New Filters

(clean connectors in LCD A/C panel (I know your missing parts of the numbers))

New Floormats

Fix your headliner

Pocket the rest for when something happens, your about to start replacing coolant components, annoying ones. (plastic coolant tank, That little thing with the two hoses below the throttle plate gasket, etc)

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Gen III suspension with a complete rebuild. Everything above.

Maybe a set of new shoes. Some nice Michelins or General A/T's depending if you go offroad or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definetly will do all fluids, plugs and wires(DIY). New shoes would be nice but not quite due. Just put in some new brakes so good there.I know I said nothing cosmetic but powder coating brake parts might be nice.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Don't fix anything. If you fix something minor it will be replaced by something major. 'Tis the curse of the Rover.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I painted my calipers awhile back (like 2006-07) and posted my expirence here with it. I did it myself and spent $15 doing it. New shoes are always needed. :lol:

Also Im sending you a PM check it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to All, If it ain't broke dont fix it, put the money away and forget it, sure as hell you will need it at some time in the future when the big something happens after all it is a P38 !!!!!
Best regards sillyboy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the input. I am considering everything and am not going to do anything hasty. Some preventative maintenance couldnt hurt but I dont plan to go all out here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts