RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am the proud owner of a high mileage '03 RRFS. I have worked out any kinks and think it is a great truck. However, I am always looking for the next best thing.

I have created a limited window to act and save sales tax as I sold my CL600 this week. If I move out of my '03RR, I can purchase something else and have the benefit of these creating a sales tax credit, in essence "saving" me money.

I am a big fan of the RRSC. I have an opportunity to pick-up an '06 manufacturer buyback that has all the right stuff (wife's preferred color, etc.).

Couple of questions:
What should I expect the "penalty" / discount be vs. a non-branded title? It is currently out of warranty and I am investigating the cause of the buyback. It's a Rover and I expect the typical intricacies or being a Rover owner...this would be my third one.

Fun dealer facts...the dealer thatis seeling the vehicle indicates "half of the '06 RRSC" were buybacks. I have seen a few for sale, but half? Give me a break. Anyone have a sense of what the actual percentage of buybacks for '06 RRSCs were?

I appreciate the input...Calvin

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hmmm, buying an out of warranty RR that has been ordained by the Lord himself as being problematic? Sounds like a great idea to me :roll:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,I know. Sounds dangerous. However, a faulty window switch 40k miles ago doesn't overly concern me if you believe Land Rover.

Anyone have an idea of the resale price penalty/discount on such a vehicle? Also any idea what percent of the RRSC were recalled for 2006?

Thanks,

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would guess that the discount should be 20-40%. But as others have stated, finding a buyer is very hard to do.

Clean RRSC's sell for low $40's, isn't that pretty cheap?

Check out my local shop: www.texascarsdirect.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts