RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

time for the tire change.. wondering to stick with the BGF KO or see what others are running as I don't need as an aggresive tire, so open to suggestions and seeing experience as I don't need the KO to drive and get groceries... not much off road looks in the future, but you never know..

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,160 Posts
Cooper Zeon LTZs. Used to run Nitto Terra Grapplers. Anyone try the Falken ATs?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ thanks, are you running the 175 / 70 / 18 ???? that's a lot bigger tire then I run.

was just reading a test on a couple tires.. the cooper a/t3 I think it was called won best choice ???? also looks to have better noise then the zeon.

wondering for you guys running the 18 inch rims... anyone run 275 / 65 / 18 ? as they don't have my normal size ( 265 /65 / 18 ), and wondering if they fit ?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
275/65/18 really needs a lift full time. The spare also won't fit underneath.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
i run 285/60-18. i have the OEM front skid plate fitted and the tires barely clear it at full lock while slightly rubbing the inner wheel well so for me going any bigger isn't an option. also didn't want to deal with the spare issue TripleE notes. i can put it up on my bajarack, but then getting in/out my garage becomes an issue.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,014 Posts
Currently running on LT285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on my LR4. Love them thus far on road and off, only knock against them is that they are a bit noisy at highway speeds - I gather they would be quieter in the non-LT version (available in XL in that size as well.) Also, I'll never know if they are any good on snow... But my ignorance is no knock against them. There just isn't any snow to speak of around here. ;-)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,466 Posts
After running thru 3 sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers in a 285/60/18 config, I'm now about 1 year in on a set of Yokohama Geolanders in a 265/65/18 config. A bit smaller, but still very good for hard rocky trails and sand/airing down etc. Pod...I presume you still have your black Compomotives?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,014 Posts
265/65/18 config. A bit smaller,
Those are actually a little bigger... ;-) I had the Yoko Geolandars in 275/60/18 prior to the new Nittos. Great tires for almost any occasion, as comfortable and possibly even quieter than the stock Contis my car came with - so dead quiet, basically. They were excellent off road as well, alas their sidewalls proved a bit too tender for the sharp rocks of our local deserts - the size I picked is Standard Load, otherwise I would still be running them. They sound like a good fit for pod's needs.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,466 Posts
Very good catch Umberto! 0.05 inches taller! Perhaps I should have said, a bit less wide, but slightly taller! The look smaller...must be the optical illusion! :) Will be putting them to the test again in Sedona and Telluride again in May. OV Expo is coming up again, time for some fun in the desert and mountains for a mid Spring vacation!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have General Grabber ATs which are a great tyre on and off road BUT I have covered 35,000km on them (about 1/3 worn) and they are really starting to hum and sing on smooth roads at 60-110kph - quiet above that speed and quiet lower - no noise on concrete roads.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will check out the yoko's, thanks umbertob / PJ .. sound like a good fit

only other tire I see I like is the replacement BFG , keeping same wheel size I have as I don't think I can go any bigger..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys, got the new copper at3.. beautiful tire.. well for highway as all it's been tested, but it's SO quiet..

check it out if you guys like, its got a great size 265/65/18

1 - 12 of 12 Posts