RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the shade of grey carpet used in the 91 Ardennes Green model? Some of mine are worn and started end so I would like to replace some or all if I can find a supplier. The car has grey leather seats.

Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,759 Posts
This is when you choose a carpet dye colour that is close and just use it. Unless you have holes and tears in your carpets a dye job will take care of things for an every day driver. If your carpets are trashed, because I have no idea what "worn and started to end" means, you will have to go full aftermarket replacement kit or hunt up decent used carpets to dye. In the aftermarket world you will want to match a section under the seats closely, same with purchasing dye. You will never match a 25 year old carpet colour for show judging quality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. “Started end” was meant to read “stained”, mostly rust stains in the load area where the floor pan has rusted underneath. I will try to use a carpet shampoo and repair where I can but I was really wondering if there is one or more shade of grey in a 91 car.

There’s someone selling after market carpet sets on eBay but he claims they are designed for a pre 85 car and he doesn’t know if they will fir later cars.

I am not going for show quality but the car is in very good condition on the outside and the seats are good so I want to make it look tidy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts