RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I've got a short question regarding the original Range Rover P38 Bull Bar with the Partnumber STC 8501AA and so far i havent found anything in the forum despite using the search option ;)

In order to legaly mount this Bull Bar on my car in Switzerland, I need to know from what material the Bull Bar is made of. I can see (obviously ^^) that the outside of the Bull Bar is made out of some sort of soft plastic/rubber but I need to know if the whole Bull Bar is made out of this plastic/rubber or if for example the inside is made of some sort of metal pipes or alluminium pipes or anything else.

I hope you know what I am talking of and that someone can help me out. Thanks alot four your help.

Cheers

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
The A frame is formed steel for strength covered in foam padding. The wings are extruded light weight metal with foam padding designed for pedestrian safety. Headlight guards are lightweight steel plates with steel horizontal wires. If the foam becomes damaged the metals under with corrode. Exposed metal must be repainted every few years for protection.

Most folks believe the bull bar is just for show. However on one of my P38s I have had 2 deer strikes and survived with only a minor tear in the foam just off center on the passenger wing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts