1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
607 Posts
Re: What kind of rims are these? Is this used Range Rover Sport a good deal?

Nick,

That's a nice looking RRS but I think you can do better. I know that White & Black Sports get higher prices, but I bought my 2006 Gold Sport HSE 2 months ago for 23,600. It had Navigation and Tan leather interior with 69,000 miles. but it didnt have aftermarket rims(I like stock looking vehicles and dont go for the "baller" ghetto look by adding saftermarket rims.) Except for Stormers look good.. I also looked at a grey 2006 sport HSE without navigation with grey leather interior for 25,900 with 84,000 miles and some door dings?

I know people like pricing them high, but if you keep looking you can find one in SoCal for around 23-24k and some change with lower miles. If you want white or black with rims there are plenty out there in the $28-33k range but your paying a way too high premium on a 2006 car. My payment is $400/month and I can make that in my sleep and I love the luxury of the HSE in a rare color combination that makes the car just stand out.

Good luck! & Keep searching...

Mark

PS Save money on the car and then add your own rims for $1500-2000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Nick,

That's a nice looking RRS but I think you can do better. I know that White & Black Sports get higher prices, but I bought my 2006 Gold Sport HSE 2 months ago for 23,600. It had Navigation and Tan leather interior with 69,000 miles. but it didnt have aftermarket rims(I like stock looking vehicles and dont go for the "baller" ghetto look by adding saftermarket rims.) Except for Stormers look good.. I also looked at a grey 2006 sport HSE without navigation with grey leather interior for 25,900 with 84,000 miles and some door dings?

I know people like pricing them high, but if you keep looking you can find one in SoCal for around 23-24k and some change with lower miles. If you want white or black with rims there are plenty out there in the $28-33k range but your paying a way too high premium on a 2006 car. My payment is $400/month and I can make that in my sleep and I love the luxury of the HSE in a rare color combination that makes the car just stand out.

Good luck! & Keep searching...

Mark

PS Save money on the car and then add your own rims for $1500-2000.
I agree, the price does seem pretty steep for having 84k and being an 06, but for some reason I looked at this car and instantly fell in love with the look. I don't know if they pictures were just taken well, or if it's the rims, but I said to myself, "I have to have this car".

I completely agree with you on buying a stock looking RRS and then adding the rims myself, and that's exactly why I asked if anyone knew what kind of rims are on this. I'm not even limited to California either, that's just where that happened to be when I came across it on AutoTrader. I'm actually from the Midwest, but I'm open to any RRS in the USA. Hopefully someone knows what kind of rims these are so I can find a lower priced similar looking one and put the rims on myself.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

Are those 22s (the ones on the Sport in the first post)? Kind of hard to tell, but they seem larger than 20". If they are 22s, they are knockoffs of those Autobio rims, since Land Rover doesn't "do" 22" OEM wheels - not yet anyway. If they are genuine 20s, they probably do add at least a couple grands to the cost of that used Sport.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Are those 22s (the ones on the Sport in the first post)? Kind of hard to tell, but they seem larger than 20". If they are 22s, they are knockoffs of those Autobio rims, since Land Rover doesn't "do" 22" OEM wheels - not yet anyway. If they are genuine 20s, they probably do add at least a couple grands to the cost of that used Sport.
The dealers website says they are 19" rims, but I have no idea if that is actually correct. After doing some research on that dealer, they are known to be scumbags who screw people over with saying the vehicles have features that they don't and some other things. Considering I'm from the Midwest and more than likely won't be able to test drive it or see it in person before I have it shipped here, I decided it's best I don't deal with that dealership.

Hopefully I can find a decent one somewhat close that I can go to and drive back, but from what I have seen over the last two weeks, that does not look promising.

If anyone knows where I can buy those autobiography rims from though, it would be greatly appreciated if you could link me to it. After seeing some prices of other rims and then factoring the price of the tire in, it seems like my best bet is to just find one that already has rims on it that I like, like the storms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts