RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of maintenance and repairs am I facing on used Range Rovers?

I'm interested in getting a used Range Rover no older than 2007 and I'll be mainly doing city driving. I don't know too much about this vehicle so what kind of maintenance and repairs could I be facing with 2007 model year & newer and 90,000+ miles?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
Re: what kind of maintenance and repairs am I facing on used Range Rovers?

These kinds of questions have been answered already. Use the search feature on the side bar (in red).

Obviously it depends on the age, mileage and maintenance... If properly maintained and serviced (regular oil changes, fluid flushes etc) the 07 and newer variants are quite reliable. You will likey need to change the front air struts at some point but that is just regular service stuff. The Jag engined RRs (post 2006) typically require significantly less maintenance that the BMW built earlier models. Get one that you can validate all service history. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks. Any idea what I'm looking at for replacing front air struts?

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts

Depends on where you purchase, what you buy and who installs them.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

check island 4x4 in uk.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts

For two front struts (brand new) you are looking at about $700USD delivered from the UK and then the labour to have them I stalked about a couple hours, unless you DIY. Arnott has them on this side of the pond as do many other retailers for but more say around $1000 to $1800USD for two then labour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts