RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my L494 into Princeton LR for the 1st year service, recalls, service notices, and a few very small issues.

They put me in a 2015 LR2 Black on Black for the day. Its been quite an adjustment and after only a few hours in the LR2, I am dying to get back into my car.

I was hoping (but not counting on) a FFRR, even if it was an older model.

Princeton tells you up-front that they will only loan-out LR vehicles... I thought this was a nice perk.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,482 Posts
Doubt you'd get a FFRR for a loaner. My dealer has a fleet of LR2s, 4s, and Evoques for loaners, though they are actually through Enterprise, but gratis for the day.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
My loaners from what I can tell have nothing to do with Enterprise or any other rental agency. It has been a while though so maybe I just do not pay enough attention to the paperwork.

I have driven Freelander/LR2, Discovery (can't call it LR4, just can't), Evoque, and a Jag or 2. I forget which ones though.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Loaner policies are up to the individual dealer. Some do loaners, some don't, some do rentals, some loan cars only to existing customers, some only offer a ride home. My Land Rover dealer here in SoCal (Encino) gives everyone with an appointment Evoques or LR2s until they eventually run out - and they often do - then they take you to a nearby Enterprise car rental place and put you in crappy Chevy econoboxes on their dime. If you show up without an appointment or didn't purchase a car from them, good luck. Never seen a Sport, Range Rover or even an LR4 being loaned at this dealership, regardless of what you drive in with.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
If I take my RRS to San Jose where I purchased it, I will get a LR2 or something similar. If I take my RRS to BMC here in SF, I get a rental. What I do like though, is getting my sport back and having that experience again... since the loaners aren't at parity and it makes you appreciate the truck even more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dealer comes out to the house with loaner, Rover or Jag. Returns truck when service complete and takes loaner back. Don't even have to leave the house.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Annapolis JLR has provided us with a Coupe Evoque once and twice a Jaguar XJ (and both times the XJ's garnered "nice car" comments and nosy neighbors in the driveway). Waiting for a new TPMS harness to come in and be replaced - so one more time w/o the RRS for a day in a week or two.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
339 Posts
Evoque the first time & LR2 the second time.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I've been given all kinds over the years. Newport usually gives me a Jaguar and I've also been given an Evoque which was not very pleasant as you may recall.
They usually give me an option to upgrade for a few bucks. I'm waiting until they have a F-Type available and I might take my car in for "Service"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dealer comes out to the house with loaner, Rover or Jag. Returns truck when service complete and takes loaner back. Don't even have to leave the house.
Bosox - what dealer is that? I got mine at Norwood, haven't had first service yet. Thx!

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,443 Posts
If I take my RRS to San Jose where I purchased it, I will get a LR2 or something similar. If I take my RRS to BMC here in SF, I get a rental. What I do like though, is getting my sport back and having that experience again... since the loaners aren't at parity and it makes you appreciate the truck even more.
I also bought my RRS at BMC in SF. I have taken it to Cole European in Walnut Creek because it is more convenient. What was your rental a BMC?

·
Registered
405 Posts
My dealer loans LR4s and then Evoques until they run out and then it is rental cars. I have learned to be at the dealership when they open in order to get an LR4.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I also bought my RRS at BMC in SF. I have taken it to Cole European in Walnut Creek because it is more convenient. What was your rental a BMC?
BMC is a great dealership but the rentals are so-so. The last time I was there I got a Ford Focus. Nice car actually, was very surprised by it. But the rentals tend to be higher mileage ones so sometimes they are a little tired and have sticky steering wheels which really grosses me out. After a day driving the rentals away, when I pick up my RRS, it feels so freakin' posh!!! I love that feeling... it's when you realize how beautiful these rigs are. Can't wait to get a new RRS...

BTW, San Jose is an amazing dealership too (best yet) and wish I could go there more often. But it's a hike for me from the city.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I tried Cole. Got a Jag XF 3.0t - pretty nice. They usually stock LR2s and Evoques, but last time I try, the only have the XFs.

I end up sticking with my original selling dealer. JLR of Marin. They have every Jag and Evoques. I keep waiting hoping for the F-Type to be available next time I'm bringing it in for service. :)

Got a XJL last time. Kids loved it. The back seat was very comfy.

-ThinkMac-

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,482 Posts
I seem to always get a Jaguar XF through Enterprise. No cost to me.
Now that you mention it, ISTR, the last time I was at the dealer a few month ago, they did offer me a Jag as well as the Evoque and LRs. I much prefer the LR ride height over the Jag, but I suppose if they had a F-type, I'd go with the Jag...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine gave me a Evoque Coupe (brand new) when they installed my roof rails and LoJack. It was nice but VERY small. I'm not sure who their target customer is for that car?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts