RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
I don't see anything wrong. The numbskull most likely has highway errr, "all season" tread and it's plugged with clay/heavy mud. 8-|= Get some real tread and he'd most likely be fine. :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
Looks good to me `) I bet those tires were completely bald. I do like to comment about the guy/girl should have turned on the diff lock so that it would be 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think he may be using the wrong gear there....

He needs the Mud Setting on Terrain Response :lol:

PS: Very sticky looking mud though but he should be able to plough through it - BALD Tyres.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Nothing is wrong, look a little closer, the wheels are photoshopped to look like they're spinning. As in what you're seeing isn't real lol

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Looks more like the guy has left DSC on and has planted his foot in the floor. The system detects slip so backs off the throttle, hence why the wheels speed up and slow down, he just needs to get his foot off the throttle and pull away on idle. Standard tyres don't have "self clearing tread" so once filled with clay they are as good as a bald tyre, if he hadn't sat there spinning his wheels in the first place he wouldnt be stuck.

But unfortunately I think only very few RR owners know how to read, otherwise they would RTFM and this wouldnt happen. This video pisses me off - look at the comments with ppl cussing range rovers because of this moron....

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Dan_UK_1984 said:
Looks more like the guy has left DSC on and has planted his foot in the floor. The system detects slip so backs off the throttle, hence why the wheels speed up and slow down, he just needs to get his foot off the throttle and pull away on idle. Standard tyres don't have "self clearing tread" so once filled with clay they are as good as a bald tyre, if he hadn't sat there spinning his wheels in the first place he wouldnt be stuck.

But unfortunately I think only very few RR owners know how to read, otherwise they would RTFM and this wouldnt happen. This video pisses me off - look at the comments with ppl cussing range rovers because of this moron....
Dan it's a photoshop, a good one, but one nonetheless...

The fact light level never changes over the spokes, and no matter the RPM the mud pattern on the tires/spokes remains unchanged... Also if you look close mud is not kicked up and it doesn't create ruts. Someone was just crafty with adobe or something similar.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Sorry but that's not Photoshop or anything like it. You try doing that when the focus is constantly changing etc and its a phone video after all. Why would the car be moving at such an incredibly slow speed if the wheels were not actually slipping and the guy winds down the window and turns the wheel 90 degrees to try and get traction. You can see by the way the wheels are slipping that is genuine IMHO its just that the tyres are bald or road tyres filled with mud on a very slippery surface and a VERY bad driver.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Gazellio said:
Sorry but that's not Photoshop or anything like it. You try doing that when the focus is constantly changing etc and its a phone video after all. Why would the car be moving at such an incredibly slow speed if the wheels were not actually slipping and the guy winds down the window and turns the wheel 90 degrees to try and get traction. You can see by the way the wheels are slipping that is genuine IMHO its just that the tyres are bald or road tyres filled with mud on a very slippery surface and a VERY bad driver.
It is a photoshop, you need to look closer at it. Even if you put it into adobe premier and play with the settings, you'll see the wheels aren't effected by visual changes like the rest of the image, because they're shopped. The whole thing could have been staged which explains why the guy is looking out the window, or perhaps he's just idling along checking for a clunk, someone else got the footage and made the edit...

Regardless it's a photoshop, the most obvious tell tail is the fact no matter how fast the wheels spin, they don't kick up mud, or create ruts... Plus the wheels themselves are a still image capture, even when he turns the front wheels the lighting doesn't change... The dirt on the wheels remains in the same pattern no matter the RPM. It's a shop, trust me.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Think we'll have to agree to disagree with this one....

Give me a muddy field and road bias tyres and I can get a RR to do exactly this.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Gazellio said:
I think its real. The car would drive to the right when wheels are turned otherwise....
You may think it's real, but it isn't... If you look closely at it you can tell, and it's blatant if you know what you're looking for! If you don't believe me go to the video page and scroll down the 2100+ comments about the video and search the term "fake"... Many people recognized it as such.

It was done with a still image of the wheels covered in mud, you notice no matter what happens the original wheel image never changes aside from being rotated to simulate the wheels spinning. You'll notice the lighting variations in the video don't translate to the wheels at all... When he turns the wheel the physics are just a bit off and again no shading takes place... When the wheels spin no mud is kicked up and no mud ruts are produced. For me right away they look like cartoon wheels. If you take notice of the other vehicles parked and driving around, the muds consistency isn't the same as the RR's mud covered tires.

It was probably some dudes midterm project for a video edit class or something `)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Watch the speed the RR passes the White Truck with the guys head out of the window. If this is fake WTF was he doing going half mile an hours head out the window, turning the wheels when it would not normally be necessary and IMO looking for a bit of ground to get traction????? The focus changes so many times that Shopping that well it would be more than a college project. I know it looks bad but you try driving on ICE/MUD with bald Summer Tyres :naughty:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Gazellio said:
Watch the speed the RR passes the White Truck with the guys head out of the window. If this is fake WTF was he doing going half mile an hours head out the window, turning the wheels when it would not normally be necessary and IMO looking for a bit of ground to get traction????? The focus changes so many times that Shopping that well it would be more than a college project. I know it looks bad but you try driving on ICE/MUD with bald Summer Tyres :naughty:
All I'm saying is by looking at it, the wheels look edited to me, and based on the comments on the video's page, many people noticed it as well.

I'm not saying a RR on bawled tires can't get stuck in the mud, I'm just saying this video is meant to be a joke... There are dozens of tell tail signs that give away the video editing. More than a college project? Where do you think people learn specialized video editing techniques? This isn't sophisticated editing at all, you could teach yourself in a matter of hours.

Lets just agree to disagree

G

·
0 Posts
I've seen that before, its definitely fake. Not only do the wheels give it away, but the truck is out of proportion compared to everything in the background.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hang on a minute......

Had another close look and can now see the rear "Offside" wheel (under the car) also losing grip bigtime but spinning at a different rate - that would be a very hard detail to fake and surely would not be worth the effort.

Anyway have a look again but we agree to disagree remember .....

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Max said:
I've seen that before, its definitely fake. Not only do the wheels give it away, but the truck is out of proportion compared to everything in the background.
That's because the aspect ratio is wrong and its been squashed to 4:3. I know it may seem odd to see people that arent 4 feet wide in the background......

1 - 20 of 51 Posts