Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious of this because I will be changing the upper hose assembly soon and obviously having the coolant system filled and bled.

There is a hose which sticks out below the front bumper on the driver's side (LHD). My first guess it's a drain line for overpressure maybe. I looked at several hose diagrams online, however I could not find this particular hose.
My other thought is it's a hose which is disconnected and needs to be reattached. However, it seems to be perfectly placed.

The hose is on the bottom right of the picture.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Still need to know what year rig you have... :think:

What is the other end connected to?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still need to know what year rig you have... :think:

What is the other end connected to?
Weird. I updated my profile with my vehicle when I first joined. 2004 HSE
I'm unable to tell without taking off the skid plate or whatever it's called. I'll get it off soon.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Updating your profile page has nothing to do with adding your rig info to your signature as mentioned before, in PM and in the site guidelines. If you choose not to set up your signature please make sure you add your Rover info to each and every post so we don;t have to keep asking. It helps members answer your questions with accurate answer for YOUR rig.

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,022 Posts
that is a hose thats attached to the drain outlet for the radiator,
if you follow it up some you will find a red thumb screw to open the petcock

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Updating your profile page has nothing to do with adding your rig info to your signature as mentioned before, in PM and in the site guidelines. If you choose not to set up your signature please make sure you add your Rover info to each and every post so we don;t have to keep asking. It helps members answer your questions with accurate answer for YOUR rig.
Absolutely. I do most of my posting from my phone and in this format, it does not offer a "signature line." At least on my Moto Z. I'll make sure to add it to every post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is a hose thats attached to the drain outlet for the radiator,
if you follow it up some you will find a red thumb screw to open the petcock
Excellent. Thanks. So just to confirm, this hose needs to be attached to the red thumb screw? Do you think there has been or can be in the future any problems with this hose not being connected?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Be the first time I've seen one hanging there like that, I always have to go digging for a piece of hose that will stay on the drain nipple.
OP, It attaches to a nipple that is under the red thumb screw. All it does is stop coolant going everywhere when you drain it. Put the catch pan under the hose, make sure the hose is on the nipple, open the valve, walk away. Drained radiator with no spills (hopefully)

Martin

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,022 Posts
I have a similar hose on my 2010 its just waiting for a drain event

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody. I'll make sure it gets put back. It looked so perfect there, lol.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
someone in an earlier life put it there when draining the rad and forgot to return it to their tool arsenal. (maybe it was original?) I too share llt's lament but I wish I had some of his welding equipment, metal and knowledge:pray:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
someone in an earlier life put it there when draining the rad and forgot to return it to their tool arsenal. (maybe it was original?) I too share llt's lament but I wish I had some of his welding equipment, metal and knowledge:pray:
I would have made you whatever you wish......In exchange for a timing and Vanos job!:wink:

Martin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As I figured out while changing the upper hose this evening, the hose is supposed to be there. I followed it up and it indeed is connected to the spot below the red screw. However, there is a hole cut out in the bottom "valance" "air dam" "spoiler" whatever it is called, for this end of the hose. I'm still changing the hose by the way. Waiting for the 32mm wrench from UPS.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
What hose on a MkIII needs a 32mm wrench?

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Yep, the fan clutch is a 32mm, but you can change every hose under the hood without touching it. I know, becuase I did exactly that when we got our '03. Cost a small fortune, but worth the peace of mind iMHO

Martin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, the fan clutch is a 32mm, but you can change every hose under the hood without touching it. I know, becuase I did exactly that when we got our '03. Cost a small fortune, but worth the peace of mind iMHO

Martin
You're right. I figured this out after I couldn't break the nut. I spayed it with WD40 a while earlier and when the wrench finally arrived and I tried it, all it did was spin the pulley. I said screw it and pulled the clips on the hoses and got to work.

I did research and was following the RSW videos on how to change the hoses. They say take the fan, shroud, and plastic air hose all off. Blessing in disguise I couldn't get the fan off. Took me 20 minutes to do the job.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Yep, totally doable and very easy with the fan etc in place.

Martin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts