RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE, Sometime over the past few months a noise has developed that sounds like a 'pop' when you hit the brakes faster than normal, or go over certain bumps. I have just replaced all rotors and pads last week, and the noise is still there. I have read about several possibilities. I dread taking this to the dealer out of warranty, as I have seen them make mistakes before and wanted big bucks to solve stuff that was not broken. I would prefer to identify the noise myself and then see if I can find cheaper options to fix it if at all possible outside of the dealer. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Lower control arms.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
No. You buy them as a full unit--replace both sides--any competent garage can do it. You will need an alignment afterward. Before you order them, just have the car put on a lift and give the suspension a once over at each wheel to make sure that's all that's going on. If you've never had the swaybar bushings replaced, it would not be a bad time to have that done too.

Both the bushings and the lca's are a fairly common replacement item on the RRS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2006 RRS Supercharged. Where could I get the lower control arms cheap? How much do they cost?

Also is there a way to change out just the bushing? I think I saw the replacements on www.bputah.com not sure if they are the right parts...
Does anyone know what parts I need?

Thanks in advance!
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts