RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I noticed a small filter on the right size of the engine that seemed to have nothing connected at the bottom?
I looked around and found an open ended pipe near by tucked to the side, should this connect into the bottom of the filter? what is the filter for?

Thanks Range Rover.jpg Range Rover.jpg

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Well we have no idea how your L322 has been used by the previous owner or even what year it is. I have seen those lawn mower fuel filters used by folks that do heavy off road in wet areas. They route their diff breathers through them and extend a hose past the filter to the upper part of the cowling. This ensure that on deep water crossings that no water gets into the pumpkins. It also ensures that dust does not enter them as they cool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is the same on 2004 TD6, i have the filter but nothing connected below it, would be interested to know if something should be connected.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Has anyone looked in the shop manual? If this is a diesel only item It should be in the diesel version of RAVE.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
800 Posts
It is the filter/breather for the turbo charger boost control solenoid and must remain open to the atmosphere.

In other words it is correct as it is in the photo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Thanks !

PS the plastic tube in the image is also just sitting open, do you know if this should connect to anything?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts