RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone. I own 1996 LR Disco l and I have recently purchased a 2009 RR supecharged. Two question guys. There are two blue mini lights on the steering column facing the dash that flash. can anyone tell me what it’s for? I’m assuming it’s indicating close traffic or drifting in the lane however I don’t see in consistency. Also can anyon tell me what this button is for? It’s located on the drivers door near the window. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
No clue on the lights, 2009 had no guide assistance type packages. That button is to lower the suspension when you exit the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. I’ve searched a while for the answer to the blue lights. I guess I’ll keep searching or I’ll call the dealer to see. Thanks for the info on the button.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Maybe the blue light is an aftermarket item from previous owner?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Good point. Could be anything.

I've had my 06 SC for over 5 years now, and a month ago took it to a shop to change the blower motor. Too big a job for me to tackle myself. 14hrs by the book or something.

When they had it all stripped down, they called me up to say there was a GPS tracker of some sort, aftermarket, under the dash, and if I wanted it put back in.

I assume a previous owner financed it from a sketchy company who wanted to repo the vehicle if he screwed up? Or it was used as a luxury rental/limo type service maybe.

So just saying, who knows what it is lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
288 Posts
Good point. Could be anything.

I've had my 06 SC for over 5 years now, and a month ago took it to a shop to change the blower motor. Too big a job for me to tackle myself. 14hrs by the book or something.

When they had it all stripped down, they called me up to say there was a GPS tracker of some sort, aftermarket, under the dash, and if I wanted it put back in.

I assume a previous owner financed it from a sketchy company who wanted to repo the vehicle if he screwed up? Or it was used as a luxury rental/limo type service maybe.

So just saying, who knows what it is lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Those GPS trackers are popular additions in the UK it seems. Just look in one of the mags like Land Rover Monthly. Apparently Defenders are quite prone to being stolen so folks put those in to help recover their vehicles. Seems like someone did the same with your vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all. I've finally got the answer to the blue lights......Radar detector. Apparently the previous owner had the system installed. I'm sure I'll have more questions later, in the meantime, thanks to you all for responding to my thread. Roll Tide! However I'm really a UAB Blazer fan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts