RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was that close to buy RR sport SC 08 but people keep warning me that this car is unreliable and break down frequently ,I live in Fort Wayne ,IN ,the closest LR dealershio in Indianapolis which is 2 hours away ..
please I need advice ,thx

·
Registered
270 Posts
Should've have came here first before listening to people how don't even own a Rover. You probably missed out on a great deal.

These trucks are great. the 2010's have a few issues, but nothing that should steer you away from the brand. I have an 09 and love driving it every chance I get. So much in fact that I have racked up 22k in the first full year that I have had it. Not a record, but its a lot for me.

Just read the posts on the forum, look at the pics, and dive right in and get one. If you cant stomach a little seat rock here, and water from a the sunroof there, go out and get a Dodge Nitro (RRS) or a Ford Flex (FS) and pose.

Oh and welcome to the forums. If you do decide on getting a Rover, make sure you take plenty of pics in access mode and post them in the following thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16544&start=60

Mine is the Red Rover midway down.

Nupe

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 08 RRS and have had no issues whatsoever.

Studies have been done to measure how people's perception of quality changes for auto manufacturers. I think it takes something like 5-7 years for perception to change after the actual quality improved. I believe this was done for the US OEMs but it does apply here as well. So the quality issues you are hearing about are probably 4-5 years removed from reality.

·
Registered
50 Posts
kstatenupe said:
the 2010's have a few issues, but nothing that should steer you away from the brand.
To be fair: The 2010's have a few issues, but the issues aren't very serious. Most of the issues involve improvements to software that weren't quite ready for prime time. At the end of the day, most people on this board are very happy with the mechanical quality of their 2010's. I am.

The 2010 is fast as hell. It accelerates well at all speeds. It handles very well. It takes speed bumps like a champ. It has great brakes. The nav software is virtually identical to a Lexus. The audio quality is great (the audio interface is only so-so). The heated seats are incredible.

Other cars may be equally incredible, but they make you look like a giant meat curtain behind the wheel. Avoid that.

Don't let this board steer you away from the brand.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
If the dealer is 2 hrs away I would be careful. I like my car and it's been pretty reliable, however the frequent visits to the dealer are more of an acquired taste for me.

Dealers basically don't stock any parts et al, so every issue turns into a 2-tripper to the dealer. I've had to take my car 3 times to address the undercarriage clunking. They just order parts so I'm going in again to install those which makes it the 4th visit to address 1 issue, add to that the sunroof visit, the rear entertainment visit x3 since they had to order parts and diagnose the problem. All in a 3 month period
I can see how, having to do a diagnostic trip and then another to replace the actual part could get extremely frustrating if I was in your position.

Not trying to steer you away from the RRS but just be aware it's not for everyone.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Shrek.

The '07/'08 RRS models, i.e. "the facelift" versions are THE most reliable model so far to get either HSE or Supercharged form.
Checkout a few rides locally, including history and service records to determine which 'one' you think drives or looks the best ?

I think several posts already exist where I've answered your exact or similar inquiry from new converts and hope we can help !
Review collections of repair bulletin's hosted on this site & you'll see current '10/'11 RRS trucks are having teething problems.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Once Ford took over, the brand became much more dependable. As with any brand, problems arise. The question you have to ask is do you want to drive to Indy for repairs?

I am very spoiled here. I currently have an '06 RSS/SC and love it. My sales rep comes and gets my car when it's due for an oil change. Will Indy come get the car for you? If so, you can't go wrong.

As much as I love the brand, I wouldn't consider any vehicle that requires 2 hours to get to the shop unless they will come to me!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for the awesome feedbacks ,I put off the idea till I move to Chicago in 2 years ,it is so much headache for me to go to Indy for at least the scheduled maintenance .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts