RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Feel free to email us if you know of a vendor who offers a better warranty on air struts or air springs. Remember - these struts and springs are made with rubber air bladders. Like rubber hoses, tires, belts and wipers - rubber eventually degrades.
HOLY **** I had a laugh at your comment!

One, my dealer will warranty EAS components with my CPO (though I'm not the original owner) through 2021, build date of 8/13 MY14 RR through 120,000 miles, respectively. I doubt I'll need new air bags in that time.

Two, my 2005 Range Rover, lasted 12 years before the slightest leak in the system. Don't give me that "All rubber degrades" BS because though it is true, you're having failures WAYYY earlier than other manufacturers. Even the shoddy Chicom units..

Three, your POS customer service didn't even APOLOGIZE for the trouble I went through, All I got was a generic response!

Four, I resolved my EAS troubles with no help of your company, and never will I touch a Arnott branded product ever again!

Five, it is not slander if it is ALL TRUE!

Sorry again Toad, I do believe this is a full rant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it... when I got my first l322 I fit a pair of their remain struts and they were perfectly fine for 100,000 miles. IMO with the costs where they are now, new struts make more sense, but if you fit a pair that are working, chances are they'll continue to work
Thanks brad. They have been good so far and the Arnott AS-2795 fronts have been on for 3 months now. Little bit gutted Arnott Inc confirmed its only a 2 year warranty in the UK as the main reason I bought them was due to the supposed Limited Lifetime Guarantee.But hey we and learn, should read more carefully. New LPG plugs and rocker cover gasket repair this weekend. Let the drama continue :) do love my FFRR 2007 SC though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jag community stopped using Arnott's a while ago. Poor reliability, and lost the CATS damping system. Even the dealers are staying away from them on Jags and LR. They used to install quite a few, but reliability issues halted that. If you have a pair and are still working, your good to go. Seemed like they were go/no go.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
...Two, my 2005 Range Rover, lasted 12 years before the slightest leak in the system..
How'd you do that?
I've had to replace the front air struts on my '03 3 times now, basically a 5-year life, and that's with new OEM air struts. It's not a complicated job to replace them. I recall the first time in '08 I thought it was terrible. Then thanks to this and other forums, I found it's common for the front airbags to wear out after about 5 years.
The last time one went on me, it was at highway speeds (80 MPH). Not as traumatic as your experience, just a bummer. I could tell when it went from the low highway level to the bump stops. The way that the vehicle handles airbag failure is probably more the responsibility of the vehicle manufacturer than the air shock supplier. Did you call JLRNA and complain to them?

Oddly, not the same with the rear air bags.
I still haven't had to replace one of them.
I expect to have to replace the fronts on my 2012 before long. I would probably buy the Arnott if I didn't prefer installing an entirely new shock instead of a recycled/rebuilt one.

What year did you buy your 2004? And when did you sell it?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts