RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:think: I am selling my 1997 RR Vitesse, 148K and shows extremely well (red out, black with red piping inside). EAS removed, new tires/brakes/battery. Alas, my heart now belongs to a 2005 RR I just purchased, so I can't bare to see Big Red left without garage. What is the right selling price for this car? I live in Seattle. As always, thank you for taking the time to offer your advice. Cheers

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Well I don't really need another Rangi, but I guess to help you out, I'll give you Ahhh 30 bucks, but I live in Calif. delivery is on you..

Scotty 8)

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Not sure about there, but AutoTrader.com is big here.

Lots of current prices.

And those who use it to sell vehicles appear to get more for their vehicles than a lot of other places.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You could probably get 4 or 5k for it. I got mine for way less but, that was a unique circumstance. I would go to cars.com or autotrader.com and see what they are going for and then go from there. I want an 05 rangie :( lol. CONGRATS on your new purchase!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I'm assuming there is no premium associated with the Vitesse. Thanks all

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
The Vitesse is only a premium to those folks that know older Range Rovers and are fanse of ticket snaggin AA Yellow or ticket grabbin Monza Red. The problem is that most folks prefer a more understated colour for Range Rovers and Vitesse models can hang on the market much longer because of their loud colours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THanks RR....that insight is helpfull. The reason I asked what to some seemed a trivial question ( of course there are many RR's listed in a variety of sources, none of which I found were a Vitesse) was to understand the value of the Vitesse, if any... :thumb: Cheers

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd be interested in buying it, PM me when you decide on a price and we can go from there? I'm located in Santa Barbara, CA

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,426 Posts
From the main site:

4.6 HSE Vitesse Edition: The Vitesse Edition models cost $3,000 more than the standard HSE were painted AA Yellow & Monza Red. Vitesse is French for “Speed”. The AA Yellow and Monza Red editions (see photos below) were the same except for the colors. They had all the standard HSE items and ash black leather seats with yellow or red piping . The side mirrors and lower part of the front bumper were painted body color and they has a “blackout grille” (darker plastic than the grills on other models). The inside door handles were chrome rather than black (chrome interior door handles were on all 2000-2002 Range Rover HSEs). The Vitesse came standard with the 300-watt 10 amp Harmon Kardon 12-speaker sound system with “parametric equizalitation” and “active dual-driver subwoofer”. A total of 100 to 150 of each color were sold made (Land Rover Special Edition Brochure from 1997 said a total of 250 of the red and yellow “high impact color” Vitesse editions would be produced). Land Rover sold very few yellow Range Rovers and other than the 1997 Vitesse the only other yellow P38 Range Rovers were a small number of non-Vitesse AA yellow Range Rovers in 1997, the special TReK competition models and the Borego Edition in 2002.
From widkipedia:

Range Rover Vitesse

The Vitesse Edition was a limited run of 250 vehicle, half were painted Monza Red (Ferrari) and AA Yellow. The Vitesse came with all the features of a 4.6 HSE of the NAS 1997 model year, however featured black leather with yellow piping or red piping (based on exterior color), exterior plastic trim painted to match the color of the vehicle (lower bumper facia and mirrors) and came standard with the Harmon Kardon 300 watt stereo as well as chrome interior door handles. Vitesse is French for 'speed.' The Vitesse Range Rover retailed US$3,500 more than the base 4.6 HSE.

In 2000, Land Rover reintroduced the Vitesse edition, however did not include the loud colours from the 1997 model. The 2000 NAS vehicle had a Navigation system standard. All were Java black with walnut leather and the Phone kit was not available as an option. All included wood pieces around the power window switches and had amber turn signals. The 2000 Vitesse had a sticker on the tail gate in place of 4.6 HSE. The suggested retail price was US$77,652.
I saw my first one when I was in the USA recently, an AA Yellow one at Manahattan Beach, Cal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts