RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, crew. I'm baffled right now. My dad got his Supercharged and I thought he ordered an option with a TFT instrument panel. There is no TFT. Since I didn't see his window sticker, I don't know what the package was, but I'm trying to build it now. When I built it 7 months ago and told him what to order, the TFT was included in a package. (Not the Autobiography. I know it comes with that one.) What happened? Can someone tell me what I'm missing? I'm totally confused as I was positive there was an option package that I ordered that had the TFT included.

EDIT: Here's the proof! I knew I ordered it! Go down to page 49. Looks like there's a discrepency.
http://www.landrover.com/content/us/pdf/l494-pdf

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it comes with the Dynamic package. My V8SC with Dynamic package has it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's the dynamic package option. I have a V8SC with Dynamic and mine has the full TFT instrument panel.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the dynamic package option. I have a V8SC with Dynamic and mine has the full TFT instrument panel.
I have a different dealer telling me they pulled that option because they ran out of screens. You are proof that there was a problem.

Check page 49.

I
ordered this and got analog gauges! You also can't build it in on the website.

Lodaka, you got lucky. I believe you are going to be one of the few with the TFT.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Okay, crew. I'm baffled right now. My dad got his Supercharged and I thought he ordered an option with a TFT instrument panel. There is no TFT. Since I didn't see his window sticker, I don't know what the package was, but I'm trying to build it now. When I built it 7 months ago and told him what to order, the TFT was included in a package. (Not the Autobiography. I know it comes with that one.) What happened? Can someone tell me what I'm missing? I'm totally confused as I was positive there was an option package that I ordered that had the TFT included.

EDIT: Here's the proof! I knew I ordered it! Go down to page 49. Looks like there's a discrepency.

Thanks!
I think you should check your original order sheet and your window sticker to confirm whether you actually ordered the dynamic package. If you did then you and your dad have a legitimate beef with your dealer!

·
Registered
222 Posts
No Dynamic Package = No TFT

Easiest way to know if he got the Dynamic Package: Red "Sport" badge on trunk and black gloss trim (mirrors, rear trunk trim, grill, fog lamp surrounds)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not included in the new Dynamic Package anymore. Try building one online. People really need to know this. I want to make sure he has the Dynamic Pack. I already have in a claim to Customer Relations because that was the only reason I wanted that package. The TFT.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My goodness. I had no idea. I have hard time believing they "ran out" of screens. If that's true, that's a wow. While not a deal breaker, I think my experience would have been much different on the day of delivery.

I have a different dealer telling me they pulled that option because they ran out of screens. You are proof that there was a problem.

Check page 49.

I

Lodaka, you got lucky. I believe you are going to be one of the few with the TFT.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am making him find his window sticker right now. I ordered it. I'm sure of it. Land Rover may have pulled the Dynamic Package off because of this problem. If anyone doesn't believe me, try building yours on the website. The TFT screen inclusion on the Dynamic Package is now gone. I know it was on there. It's on the .pdf brochure, but not the website. Again, I might be wrong. I wish my parents had a clue as to what they're doing. Buying this car for quite elderly people was a bad idea.

This was the first time they ordered a Rover on their own without me. I had every package written down for the dealer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's not included in the new Dynamic Package anymore. Try building one online. People really need to know this. I want to make sure he has the Dynamic Pack. I already have in a claim to Customer Relations because that was the only reason I wanted that package. The TFT.
A good question is did they change that before or after you ordered you sport? Also did they inform you of the change?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine last week with the assumption the full size TFT screen was included in the dynamic package. When did they make this change? And if they have, why hasnt the price of the package come down?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just tried building one on their website... Under the dynamic package description, I don't see the full TFT...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm finding out what happened. It is not on our window sticker. I specifically ordered it. Did it get pulled off because people expected their TFT? Or was it pulled because we upgraded to 22" wheels for $3,000? I'm finding out what happened. Some of you do see it's not included anymore, and I believe some of us got the option pulled during that "transition." Be mindful. I'm calling the dealer for more.

My dealer (who's different from my dad's) said yes, people were pissed. They didn't get their TFT and some were trying to back out of the deal. Again, this is all here say, but I'm trying to find out more.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Check page 49.

I

Yes the book is out dated. I just ordered mine. Its only available on the autobiography now...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I honestly believe LR pulled off the Dynamic Package on people who ordered it with the TFT screen. My dad's dealer is checking with their rep to see if something happened. Again, mine said something did happen. I just don't know who to trust. We should all communicate if anyone is getting their new Supercharged Rover Sports, who KNOW they ordered the Dynamic Pack, but didn't get it, or Dynamic Pack people now getting the TFT or not.

Birdie3 is clearly knowing that the TFT only comes on the Autobiography, and that's what my dad's dealer said as well. Something may have changed in the middle of production. I am trying not to be the guy on the forums who's giving out wrong info without doing a ton of research, but we all need to communicate and figure out what's going on here. Dglaser83 ordered his with the TFT and since he is now a later build, let's see what comes on his.

Please tell us if your Dynamic order was "missing" or never came with a TFT please, folks. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I feel your pain weatherman! I believe you and I don't think anyone is questioning that. I hate when manufacturers pull this type of thing. Things like this are important to car buyers and sometimes they just don't get it.

Did you get a confirmation sheet from your dealer? It should list it. Get all your facts and info together so you can present your case to the dealer and or LRNA. I would want a credit or a new vehicle depending on how long you plan to keep it. Good luck!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel your pain weatherman! I believe you and I don't think anyone is questioning that. I hate when manufacturers pull this type of thing. Things like this are important to car buyers and sometimes they just don't get it.

Did you get a confirmation sheet from your dealer? It should list it. Get all your facts and info together so you can present your case to the dealer and or LRNA. I would want a credit or a new vehicle depending on how long you plan to keep it. Good luck!
Unfortunately GQ, it was the first time I let him go and buy a Land Rover himself. Our dealer didn't give him a confirmation sheet and with mild Alzheimer's, all he did was read the sheet that was written out to the dealer. We were never charged for the Dynamic Package in the end, so I'm fine with the pay part. I just wish that someone would've told us that they took that off mid-build. (Which is what I believe happened. Not sure, but I believe. My dealer said it happened to some of their clients.) I just want people to be aware of what they are getting. The TFT was a big deal and it's why I talked him into the V8 SC. I knew he'd love that screen, not the Evoque gauges.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,976 Posts
they should keep the TFT standard across the whole FFRR and RRS line-up. heck, even the lowly cadillac SRX have the TFT and heads-up display.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow...interesting
I guess LR realized the six figure Autobiography wasn't exclusive enough and is now trying to set it apart from the rest

1 - 20 of 67 Posts