RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member coming out of lurking. My last 2 SUVs have been the Acura MDX and I have been very happy with the vehicles, reliability and dealer service. Always treated well and given loaners. When my husband travels I get to drive his E550 and I miss having a V8 and more luxury. Since the MDX will now become the teen/spare family vehicle I started to research my next car a few months ago. I looked at the usual competitors but kept coming back to Land Rover. At first I thought I would go with a Sport, but other than horsepower, it didn't seem to offer a big upgrade from what I have in the MDX, so I decided on the Full size Range Rover V8 Autobiography. The whole family test drove and everyone is happy with the choice. I decided to wait for 2015 ... so I've been reading here for a few months and waiting for 2015 details. Of course, the sales guy at the local LR dealership has never called me! Porsche sales have been very polite thanking me for coming in to test drive, etc.

Getting back to my thread title! About a month ago I had printed out the summary for the configurator and picked Luxor for the exterior. Last night I decided to try the configurator again ... just in case they had slipped in some 2015 stuff ... and Luxor is gone ... no longer a color choice.

Although a car buff, I'm still a woman :grin: and had spent lots of time pondering colors, inside and out, all color coordinated ... and just as I'm ready to order they take my first choice away :twisted:!

So, those of you that have experience with LR, what are my chances of trying to get a 2015 in Luxor, if it no longer shows up as a color choice?

·
Registered
252 Posts
What did the dealer say? I know that manufacturers will often change colors from year to year, especially on colors that might not be as popular.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good question. I only found out the color was "missing" yesterday. I had been waiting to contact the dealer as soon as I saw information in this forum about 2015 orders being accepted. Don't want to look to desperate, LOL. I know the LR dealer isn't going to call a ready, willing and able buyer for a $150k car!

I've been the one to initiate any contact we've had ... the Acura salesguy who sold me the car 4 years ago, calls about once a year to check in that everything is going well! I tried finding a different car , due to the LR attitude, but unfortunately the RR is what meets my current needs ...

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Keith, hadn't thought of checking the UK site, but exactly the information I need. Hope we get some 2015 details soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My understanding from my dealer is the first 2015 order calls will likely not be happening until late summer (Aug/Sept). I too am waiting to place an order for a 2015 Autobiography and they do treat me pretty well (having already bought two 2014 Autobiographies from them), so believe they're sharing whatever they know. Apparently, 2014s ordered today are showing January 2015 delivery dates, which says it's going to be a while until we see 2015 models arriving...

·
Registered
252 Posts
My understanding from my dealer is the first 2015 order calls will likely not be happening until late summer (Aug/Sept). I too am waiting to place an order for a 2015 Autobiography and they do treat me pretty well (having already bought two 2014 Autobiographies from them), so believe they're sharing whatever they know. Apparently, 2014s ordered today are showing January 2015 delivery dates, which says it's going to be a while until we see 2015 models arriving...
That sounds odd. I wonder why they are extending the '14 MY like that.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that's a pain! I do a lot of research when buying stuff, so if this timeline is correct, it will feel like I've been waiting for the RR for over a year! Our teenager might have to wait a bit longer to drive himself to school in my old SUV ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had been in our dealer about 2 weeks back and my wife had asked about the Luxor color. We were told that it was going to be discontinued - it was the launch color and was only available the first few years to keep it special. Hopefully for you that is not true - but that is what our dealership is telling customers so I'm not surpirsed to hear that it is no longer on the website in the US

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Presumably it's due to several major changes and upgrades in 2015, like a whole new navigation system and headend. I can see them wanting extra time to get those right.
A more likely explanation is because of the launch of the Evoque '15, LR4/Discovery '15 and the Sport RS. If you look carefully, JLR always has to stagger the model launches somewhat. They're just not big enough to be able to handle all these at the same time.
Having said all that, we should see the '15 full size and Sport specs shortly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Having said all that, we should see the '15 full size and Sport specs shortly.
I hope that's true. I was told by my dealer that '15 specs would be out just before order calls start, so that would not be until late summer. Sure would be nice to know sooner than that what exactly is going to be new in MY 2015 for the US market...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts