RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20180121_151724.jpg

Hi Guys, I was pocking around under my dash and I noticed this switch and I've no idea what it's does. It's located on the drivers side below the steering column, the photo is looking straight up from the floor, any ideas?

Thanks,
Norm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same button on my 07 HSE, however I could not for the life of me figure out what it does.

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Ahhhhhhh, my other brain cell kicked in. Those are temporary transport switches. LR used to place vehicles in "Transport Mode" for the crossing. For some very odd reason they used whatever spare switches they had laying around to ground a couple wires together to pull rigs out of transport mode once they arrived at port. Now why they did this for some models and not others escapes me and the service techs and managers I know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've poked around a bit more and found reference to it in RAVE page 2800, but it just states "Disconnect the 2 electrical connections" so it is a factory fit item but no mention of what it does. I've pressed both sides of the switch and all I can tell is that it has the same effect as turning the ignition switch to position 1 but only while I continue to press.

I seem to remember reading about Land Rover using a "Transport Mode" for shipping cars but I think it was all implemented in the engine compartment.

Thanks for your replies, if I ever find out what it's for I'll let you all know.
Norm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts