RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got the stock 20" wheels at the moment but fine with dropping down to 17's or 18's. I'm looking to run a mud tire such as the MTR kevlar on my RRS -- or a comparable KM2 (or other offroad tire). But I'm a bit confused as far as to :

A) what fits.

B) what wheel options I have to run a larger tire. I assume offset is an issue because of rubbing the air spring struts.

In addition, does anyone know of an aftermarket bumper that can support a winch and possibly a RIGID LED bar? (And a roof rack and good bike carrier).

I actually use my RRS offroad -- but the stock AT's are horrible. I'm in AZ which means I'll be going through rocks at times, and I rather have some solid side walls (thus why I prefer the Kevlar or the KM2 -- hell, I would run pit bulls if I thought they'd fit).

2013 RRS HSE LUX

Thanks guys!

(Bear in mind I'm going to run 1.5" to 2" of lift)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: What does it take to run some 31" MTR's on your RRS?

I am only aware of one 18" rim that will fit the front of your 2013 HSE, Compomotive PD1880 alloys from the UK (check out my gallery as I have them mounted on my 2013 LR4, which has the same front brakes and clearances as your 2013 Sport.) No 17" will clear the calipers AFAIK, and no 18" OEM rims either. Unless you go aftermarket, you will be stuck with 19 or 20" rims, with very limited tire choices. 18s open up your options quite a bit. Lots of recommendations on the forum for 18" A/T tires that fit, oversized All-Terrains such as Cooper Zeon LTZs 285/60/18 or Nitto Terra G / Dune G of the same dimensions are very popular. If you want tough sidewalls, the largest you can probably go to with almost zero rubbing is something like a BFG T/A KO sized 265/65R18, minimal rubbing under full compression and steering lock (and if you are going to be permanently lifted you may not experience any rubbing at all.) Anything larger than 32" rubs pretty good on a stock setup. You could probably run 33" or larger if you rerally wanted to, but in addition to extensive modifications to the car (cut bumpers, add spacers. etc.) also consider that, should your suspensions crap out because of a burst airbag or something major that a diagnostic program or a modified rod can't fix, you want your wheels to at least be able to turn even with the car sitting on the bump stops. Anything larger than 32" will most likely leave you stranded and stuck in a situation like that.

Don't know of any aftermarket bumpers for the Sport, but there are plenty of steel front and rear bumpers available for LR3 and 4 that may possibly be adapted for the RRS by a capable shop. I haven't seen any recent MY Sports modified like that personally. LR sells a very expensive winch kit for your car.

Also, be aware that a full size spare larger than 31" in diameter but smaller than 31.5" will only fit deflated in the spare wheel well if that's where you plan on carrying yours. 32" and up don't fit under the car at all, so get a roof rack if that's your plan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I am only aware of one 18" rim that will fit the front of your 2013 HSE, Compomotive PD1880 alloys from the UK (check out my gallery as I have them mounted on my 2013 LR4, which has the same front brakes and clearances as your 2013 Sport.) No 17" will clear the calipers AFAIK, and no 18" OEM rims either. Unless you go aftermarket, you will be stuck with 19 or 20" rims, with very limited tire choices. 18s open up your options quite a bit. Lots of recommendations on the forum for 18" A/T tires that fit, oversized All-Terrains such as Cooper Zeon LTZs 285/60/18 or Nitto Terra G / Dune G of the same dimensions are very popular. If you want tough sidewalls, the largest you can probably go to with almost zero rubbing is something like a BFG T/A KO sized 265/65R18, minimal rubbing under full compression and steering lock (and if you are going to be permanently lifted you may not experience any rubbing at all.) Anything larger than 32" rubs pretty good on a stock setup. You could probably run 33" or larger if you rerally wanted to, but in addition to extensive modifications to the car (cut bumpers, add spacers. etc.) also consider that, should your suspensions crap out because of a burst airbag or something major that a diagnostic program or a modified rod can't fix, you want your wheels to at least be able to turn even with the car sitting on the bump stops. Anything larger than 32" will most likely leave you stranded and stuck in a situation like that.

Don't know of any aftermarket bumpers for the Sport, but there are plenty of steel front and rear bumpers available for LR3 and 4 that may possibly be adapted for the RRS by a capable shop. I haven't seen any recent MY Sports modified like that personally. LR sells a very expensive winch kit for your car.

Also, be aware that a full size spare larger than 31" in diameter but smaller than 31.5" will only fit deflated in the spare wheel well if that's where you plan on carrying yours. 32" and up don't fit under the car at all, so get a roof rack if that's your plan.
Thank you so much for this information. Very helpful.

The winch kit says 05-09 only... so looks like I might be SOL regarding that one.

I'm keeping it permanently lifted at least 1.5"-2" though. I'll keep in mind though what you said about the bump stops. Never thought about that.

As far as the spare I have onboard air but I can probably run a roof rack and ratchet strap it there.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts

Umbertob,
Will that wheel and tire package you are running on your 2013 LR4 fit on pre 10 Sports, or has lug spacing been changed?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

Lug pattern and offsets have not changed so that setup on the 2013 LR4 will fit, but you don't need to go with aftermarket wheels if you want 18s on a pre-2010 Sport HSE. There are several 18" OEM styles that will fit over the smaller brakes and discs, lots of info on them here on the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts

Also, if you plan on fitting the OEM front skid plate, the largest you can go is 285/60-18 even with a full time lift. You'll need to grind/cut down the back side of the plate. Then again, you'll be rubbing in other areas like Umberto notes if you're going bigger.

Re spare and offloading, I opted for the roof rack to be sure I could access the spare in a recovery situation. That would suck to have a flat only to be unable to free up the spare underneath.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

The winch kit says 05-09 only... so looks like I might be SOL regarding that one.
Land Rover has a winch kit listed for 2010+ RRS, part # VPLSP0099. Not sure if that product has now been discontinued (it may very well have been), but it must have been available at some point in time, there are even fitting instructions for it listed on TOPIx. Don't have much info on it other than the part #, sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts