Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post !
I'm currently in the process of looking for a car for my parents and I found one that i find interesting.
I like the color, trim and there is a reasonable amount of invoices covering the last 15 years.

Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

The car is quite far from where I leave (I'm in Paris, France) so i asked for in depth pictures of the car.

May I ask you what you think of it ? Regarding rust maybe ? Or anything else ?

Should I ask for other specific pictures ?

Thank you very much for any inputs/help !

Here is the link to the google drive album

Charles

·
Registered
236 Posts
It looks in excellent condition no corrosion other than minor surface rust. Ask for a picture of the underneath of the foot wells and the boot floor. No fluid leaks or leaks from the swivels. Lovely. Just make sure it drives OK. I would clean up that rust from the bottom of the top tailgate before it gets any worse.

·
Registered
1992 Range Rover Classic County SWB
26 Posts
Lucky parents, looks to be in really nice shape. I would ask for extensive images of the frame underneath and the rear arches and front footwells.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, i posted also on an other forum, not knowing them yet.

How much would be a correct price for you ?

I've been watching a lot the ads lately and prices seems mad. This one seemed almost fair compared to other similar cars.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would pay no more than £14,000 for an excellent Range Rover Classic. As you say there are are lot of people thinking that these cars are the ones to have. When you look on E bay the prices are all over the place from £5,000 to £40,000 and most are rubbish.
My car is what I would call very good condition with no faults. If I was to sell it I would ask £7,000. It is up to you but that price is silly.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,618 Posts
The challenge in buying a RRC these days is a bit of a perfect storm with inflation, scarcity and demand. The main problem (and expense) is rust remediation. RRC's can hide rust problems, so you really need to check the problem areas, which often are not easily visible. Check floor boards, wheel wells, cargo floorspace (especially the seams from underneath), bulkhead, underneath bonnet, upper tailgate frame, and rear crossmember. You'll need to poke at these bits, as often, the rust is from within.

You could easily spend 30k just to repair rust in those areas, unless you do the work yourself.

·
Registered
2016 HSE Td6
1,090 Posts
RRCs can be great vehicles, or not. You don't say how old your parents are or whether they have the ability (financially or physically) to maintain and repair a RRC. That would be a concern of mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts