·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
HOLY SHNIKIES that's a monster! Wow.
Nice runs.
What do you think of the new Vette? I'm in love (first time loving an American car ever) I figure for the price of the RRS I can get a fully loaded one + a truck. Hard pill to swallow :)

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HOLY SHNIKIES that's a monster! Wow.
Nice runs.
What do you think of the new Vette? I'm in love (first time loving an American car ever) I figure for the price of the RRS I can get a fully loaded one + a truck. Hard pill to swallow :)
Thanks, Here is a picture of my other Corvette. I think the C7s are pretty cool. It'll take some time to get used to the rearend though.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Also love the C7. You're right, have to get used to that Camaro rear-end. From all the pictures, that rear is way too much space there. Hoping to see one in the flesh soon. Forgot to drop by the Chevy booth at the SF car show last weekend.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I thought Trez had the record for most order change. Hasn't he checked and unchecked every box available? You two need to compare notes. :lol: Thanks :!:
I think I'm up to like 15 order changes by now including changing my order from a V6 to a V8 after it had already been delivered. I can assure you that (Unless I get cold feet about Pimento) there won't be any more changes. I just want the truck in my garage already. It's really ridiculous to think it takes less time to order almost any super car than it does with an RRS. What's funny is that I have no problem making up my mind when it comes to other things, it's just with the baby on the way (first one) I'm really hesitant writing a $100k check not knowing what we're really in for. If it wasn't for that I would have ordered a fully loaded ATB from day one and none of the change business would be going on. Instead I started with the HSE and then decided to make enough things happen this year that I can justify paying for the V8. I'm most of the way there :)

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'm up to like 15 order changes by now including changing my order from a V6 to a V8 after it had already been delivered. I can assure you that (Unless I get cold feet about Pimento) there won't be any more changes. I just want the truck in my garage already. It's really ridiculous to think it takes less time to order almost any super car than it does with an RRS. What's funny is that I have no problem making up my mind when it comes to other things, it's just with the baby on the way (first one) I'm really hesitant writing a $100k check not knowing what we're really in for. If it wasn't for that I would have ordered a fully loaded ATB from day one and none of the change business would be going on. Instead I started with the HSE and then decided to make enough things happen this year that I can justify paying for the V8. I'm most of the way there :)
All your changes are going to blow up the Land Rover supercomputer and we'll all lose our orders. Just like that Obamacare mess.`)

Any thoughts on how the new RRS V8 will perform in the 1/4 ?

High 12's possible ?
It might be. I turn the quarter in the 505hp Z06 with street tires in 11.45. The rule of thumb in drag racing is a tenth for every 100 lbs. My Z06 weighs 3100lbs. The RRS about 4800lbs? Doing the math, the difference in weight is 1700lbs. That works out to 13.15 in the quarter. On a cool day with good traction, it might be possible. Does anyone make a chip for the past RRS to dial up the boost? Might someone possibly do it for the new RRS?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My ATB won't be delivered until January. Besides watching endless video downloads on YouTube, I drive my girlfriend's Cayenne once in a while.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1386100697.706321.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm driving a POS until mine arrives in January. Sold my X5 too early but didn't want to risk having to trade in the car.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm driving a POS until mine arrives in January. Sold my X5 too early but didn't want to risk having to trade in the car.
I sold my 2010 RRS waaaaay too early thinking I was gonna have the new one in October. Now I'm driving a Chevy Volt that my buddy sub-leased to me for a few months. I see it as I'm saving extra cash for the new ride this way. But the wait is killing me. In the meantime I'm killing time by hoarding bitcoins ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
change my order over and over again.

i'm now going full Autobiography with Corris grey. :dance:
Same thing I did. I bet its a similar build. When did you put your order in?

·
Banned
144 Posts
Same thing I did. I bet its a similar build. When did you put your order in?
my original order was put in Oct 18 and it expected to be delivered in March.

making changes apparently doesn't bump me out of line.

my original order was a SCV8 Causeway Grey w/ Ivory interior. the new one i'm thinking is ATB Corris Grey/Black roof w/ Black/Lunar/Cirrus interior.

but then i showed that to my wife (who has an Orkney Grey Evoque) and she's all like "no way, our cars will look too similar" and i'm all like "no way, Orkney Grey is very blue-ish and looks nothing like Corris". and she's all like "you should just get black, that's what you want anyway". so now i'm all like: :doh:

·
Registered
340 Posts

my original order was a SCV8 Causeway Grey w/ Ivory interior. the new one i'm thinking is ATB Corris Grey/Black roof w/ Black/Lunar/Cirrus interior.

but then i showed that to my wife (who has an Orkney Grey Evoque) and she's all like "no way, our cars will look too similar" and i'm all like "no way, Orkney Grey is very blue-ish and looks nothing like Corris". and she's all like "you should just get black, that's what you want anyway". so now i'm all like: :doh:
Black was the other way I would have went. I really wanted the colored lower panels and didn't want to get a corris roof with the black.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I've got the Black/Lunar/Cirrus interior on order also. Do you think the Cirrus headliner is too light?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've got the Black/Lunar/Cirrus interior on order also. Do you think the Cirrus headliner is too light?
I just like having the black so it wont get marked up inside. The Cirrus looks like it will get dirty easily. Probably brightens up the cabin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts