RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know that this is my decision, but I've found a really nice and CHEAP 2002 Vogue from a LR dealer here.

But, it is white.

Like a 'fridge!

What do we all think of white as a colour?

Does the paint have the clear coat layer on it?

Any replies will help.

·
Registered
407 Posts
1st was green :mrgreen:
My 2nd was white and loved it. :thumb:
Last three have been black though. :lol: Once you go black.....

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I used to dislike white very much. Now that I live in FL instead of MI, I have a new found appreciation for white. Mythbusters proved that it lowers the interior temps by as much as 25-30 degrees in the summer.

Plus, white hides pinstripes (scratches) better than most other colors.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
I only bought White because I gt a good deal on her - however, White is the new black and is vey much in demand at least around Birmingham.

Even before it made a comeback, the colour was somethig I acquired an appreciation for - go for it :thumb:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
The couple I have seen with tiger tripes... super fun. :thumb: However for the most part white trucks of any make remind me of old milk wagons.

·
Registered
457 Posts
TehPriest said:
Or police cars here in the UK. Frightens the life out of everyone you come up behind on any road/motorway :evil: :lol:

:pray:
haha, I had a white Sierra estate years ago, for a while I had roof bars on with a blue foam protector on the horizontal bars, drivers on the motorway used to dart out of the way when I came up behind them.....great fun for me, a near heartattack for the others. :lol:

I'd have a white Rangie with black leather and tinted windows, that'd be a nice combo.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Mine is white and I love it.

Scotty

·
Registered
494 Posts
mine's white and i'm pleased with it. especially since i have to park in the sun alot. white really shines with a little tlc too. one of my buddies who details cars noted to me white buffs out with the best of 'em and you can bring it back to practically new every time. it's not my favorite color on a 38 but my black interior would be toast by now if the body were black so it's working for me.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I am usually fond of darker colors myself. However, some vehciles look great in white, and land rovers are definitely one of them. I personally love the new updated LR3 that are white on white (can't afford one though :( ). When I first saw it, I thought I saw an angel :shock: .

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
White cars look good when the sun is shining.
Wot Tim said. :thumb:

The trick is to contrast the white using black trim. That works really well. Again that wouldn't work in a wet, dark, sh1ty place such as the UK as you'd have to clean it every day as well. Should work well around the Highveld though.

Did SA beat England this evening?? :think: Havn't see the score yet...

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
BreezeWaveFun said:
If the bad guys always drive black RR's who drives the white ones?
The Police :shhh:

Nice pic Tim, I think White is much nicer when the bumpers are painted White, like on mine.

I haven't seen White with black interior and think White with cream is a good combo.

In the uk, there are added bonusses of buying an ex police vehicle - mainly the fact that they always replace parts for new before selling the cars on the open Market.

Mine has had a new engine as well as EAS compressor and God knows how many other parts :dance:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Being an ex car detailer, white always came up the best when cleaned properly. I've lived in some pretty hot climates always had white cars, they stay much cooler. mine has the light grey leather interior and it looks classy in my opinion anyway.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts