RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the front and rear diffs?

Autodata lists EP 80/90 in rave it says 75w90 which is a semi.. my local spares centre list EP80.....??

Who knows what i want ??

p.s. as sig, its a 1996 4.6 hse

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: what oil

ok thanks, i guess i need to find out what i have in hem as i would imagine mixing them isnt a good thing to do!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts

Hi Mark,

Just an idea here - if you asked someone in management here to modify your subject line to 'What Differential Oil' or 'Differential Oil Specs ?' you might get more in the way of the input that you are looking for.

I'm interested in the answer, myself, actually.

When I looked at the subject line, though, I figured it was a question about motor/engine oil and I don't imagine that I'm the only one to do so.

Again - just trying to help,

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts

detroit_pierogi said:
Hi Mark,

Just an idea here - if you asked someone in management here to modify your subject line to 'What Differential Oil' or 'Differential Oil Specs ?' you might get more in the way of the input that you are looking for.

I'm interested in the answer, myself, actually.

When I looked at the subject line, though, I figured it was a question about motor/engine oil and I don't imagine that I'm the only one to do so.

Again - just trying to help,

Dan
Consider it done. :thumb:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Owners Manual says Final Drive Units Texaco Multigear 75W 90R. Capacity both Front and Rear 1.7 Litres (3 Pints).

TEXACO MULTIGEAR 75w/90R
A semi-synthetic Total Drive Line lubricant treated with extreme pressure additives.

Allows product rationalisation
Long drain intervals 3 years or 300,000 km
Meets both GL4 & GL5 specifications
Approved for use in Land Rover axles & Vauxhall Fronterra front axles.
API GL4 & GL5, API MT-1.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts