RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: What did you do to your Range Rover/ Range Rover SC today?

1st roadtrip, 620 miles round trip to Poconos Mountains from the D.C area. Now parked back in the garage dirty and all lol. Maybe i'll give her a bath this week end. Love this RRS SC!

·
Registered
459 Posts

I took mine to the park today, she wanted to play on the swings and slides. Sure got some strange looks from the other parents that were there.

It was hot, so we stopped for ice cream after. I got the chocolate low fat lactose free fro-yo, my RRS got 3 scoops of vanilla that I drizzled with Castrol Syntec 0w-30 and Dexcool. She's such a sloppy eater, I had to wipe her grille several times. Halfway through her adaptive headlights started to wobble. I asked her what's wrong. "Ice cream headache!" she shouted. Right after she started making farting noises. I asked if her suspension was settling. She just giggled. I think she may be lactose intolerant.

P.S. this thread is beginning to worry me a bit
I love reading your posts :)

·
Registered
476 Posts

Bought the RR from a non Land Rover dealer. The warrentee was purchased form that dealer as well.
How did this turn out for you? I bought the seal and did it myself; used some silicon, so far so good.

·
Registered
436 Posts

I didn't go with the dealer's recommendation of changing the complete glass assembly. To me that's just crazy. I ordered a seal from an out of town dealer( didnt want to spend the money there) and changed it out. Soo far soo good...

·
Registered
233 Posts
New front air springs and adjusted my parking brake :) the front of the car was sagging so I replaced the front air springs- eliminated 90% of the sagging but it still sags a little bit. Thinking the valve block.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14 Posts

well today was my 1 week anniversary for the 2006 range rover so i just took her for a nice ride!!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Well...It wasn't today, but Wednesday night I replaced the front brake discs and pads on my '06 S/C. Used the write up in the FAQ section to assemble all the parts and tools needed. I went with EBC Sport rotors (dimpled and slotted) and EBC Green Supreme (7000 Series) pads. It took me about 2.5-3 hours. The Brembo brakes are quite a bit different from what is in the write up for an HSE, but I managed OK. I only have about 200 miles on so far, so I'm still in the break-in period. Overall the performance is the very close to the Brembo discs and pads that were on before. The EBC brakes are far less "grabby" which is a good thing. They do make a funny whirring noise when braking (only heard when the windows are down). Amazingly I didn't break the wear sensor wire but I would have one on hand next time. A couple pieces of advise for those willing to do this themselves; have a breaker bar ready for the main caliper bolts, and the 12 point sockets are a must. I've read what the dealer charges for a complete break job (front) and I'm all in for about $500.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts