RangeRovers.net Forum banner

381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Scored a nice set of factory 3 spoke alloys for my classic. Its currently wearing cyclones from a '95. Decided to get a period correct set of shoes for a 1990!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finally got the transmission and radiator fixed on my 95 LWB.

On the drive home, the rear upper shock bushing turned to dust and vaporized. :lol:

Also had the dreaded stuck tape in my factory radio. I removed the radio, faceplate and top cover and manually rotated the eject mechanism. AM/FM until I send it to GB4x4 for an aux-in mod and sub rebuild. It's good to be back on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ooooh.... nice, @TROCADERO. Got any pics of the whole package? I'm contemplating that exact tire/size and love seeing pics that help convince me to take the plunge.

·
Registered
674 Posts
took the exaust from the 91 and bypassed the cats and installed on the 92........ gave it more of a smoother power .. and hasnt thrown any codes

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Drove her like I stole her," but could not recreate the sudden stall/hard-starts that I've been chasing for weeks. The culprit was the Coolant Temp Sensor which was so shiny, brassy, and new-looking I'd ignored it as a suspect.
The best take-away from chasing this gremlin was that clean grounds make for a happy Rover. I thoroughly cleaned the coil ground strap, plus all alternator grounds and the improvement in performance was immediate - even the dash light shine brighter, not to mention increased torque - less heat?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Changed the valve cover gaskets.

While the valves were in great shape, the valve covers were in need of a good cleaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pulled the brake light switch, cleaned and refitted - works like new! Also I put in an order for new brake pads as the only other thing I need to fix for getting a pass from the MOT - not bad for a -76 which has more or less been standing still for a couple of years. The only problem I have is that I need to get yet another spare old Rangie for spare parts as this one I am working on now is too nice to become a donor! It's the blue one here below (the other one is a donor w/o tailgate so the cat has a place to sleep)

RR201805.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's awesome, should market those! I just paid $100 for a bezel recently and it took months to even find one.
Installed new 3D printed instrument bezel by my new friend, Belgian. It is identical to my old one, except the mounting points are not broken. It even has the casting marks from the original. Plastic is much stronger than the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,
Would you happen to have or have access to the .stl file for this part, or know how I can find one? I’d like to print one for my 95

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered springs for the vacuum secondaries from Holley. That's it for today, so it's been a good day....must have pleased the Rover gods at least for the next 24 hours. The past few months have been a headache though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My first post here - picked up a 1990 RRC County on Nov 1st. I’ve been doing little things here and there - but yesterday specifically I disassembled, cleaned, dielectric greased and reassembled the power seat switches. Work like new(ish) now!

Looking forward to learning from you all. My other ride is an E39 540i so I’m used to learning repairs via the forums. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a couple packages delivered today, one from Congleton with some different goodies. Placed new PRND stickers on the shifter surround - now I’ll actually KNOW what gear I’m in!

also got a new license plate lamp, which I’ll install tonight. One of the previous owner yahoos did a number on the lights for this thing, including retrofitting the license plate light modules with an LED strip cobbled into place. Dismantled and rendered the existing license plate light useless, so $15 later I get to install a new one. this also went with the LED light retrofit job for the instrument cluster lights, which could hardly have been done worse and more haphazardly.

Oh well - all the more excuse to tear into the thing and see how it all works!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Removed and disassembled a really grungy and stiff-moving auto shifter linkage. Cleaned and relubed - now it shifts like a dream (mechanically within the linkage anyways).

Used RTV to reseal the side panel, and planning to get all new bolts to replace the rusted screws that held the thing to the transmission tunnel. Not exactly sure how to replace the foam “gasket” that went between the mounting plate and the body, so I’ll have to get creative on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yesterday I tried the chemical stripper approach to cleaning off the old cracked lacquer on the wood shifter trim (as an experiment). Took a long time to find actual methylene chloride which actually works, and it did an ok job. However I ended up chipping a fair amount of the wood veneer off the wood substrate, which was a bummer.

So now my plan is to take off all the veneer and try overlaying a brushed metal-look vinyl wrap on the substrate. This will definitely be a different look and I’ll need to get something that compliments the gray plastic but doesn’t just blend in. I’ve given some thought to taking some measurements and 3D modeling the trim piece so that I could get it 3D printed (and using that as a substrate for vinyl overlays) but I think that would only be worth the effort if others would use it. Any interest from the crowd here?

·
Registered
674 Posts
My 92 has developed a looseness in the front wheels... I’m thinking cv joints and possibly the front diff..
Am going to remove them and figure it out
I still have the front and rear off the 91
May have to swap them out

381 - 399 of 399 Posts