RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this would be a fun thread to have around, while perhaps ramping up some activity in the Classic section and—of course—with our Rovers!

Go ahead, post what you did to and/or with your Classic today!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start. I removed my air dam/spoiler so I'm not plowing all of the snow this storm will bring us in the next few days. She's looking pretty mean now. :twisted:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I converted the rear passenger ashtray to a 12vDC charging station. This is a 1995 RRC, so same console/rear-ashtray as the Discovery 1.

12vDCa.jpg

12vDCb.jpg

I just chose a dual port panel that offered the options I needed. To fill the voids on each side I used some scrap rubber sheet, 3/8" thickness in two layers. To clear the charger sockets a 29mm hole was required in the deeper layer and 38mm hole in the outer layer (to clear the threaded lock ring). I used 10-24 countersunk machine screws that pass through the rubber, and 10-24 nuts that each have a flat against the outer plastic wall. As the screws are tightened they compress the rubber, which in turn clamps the internal walls of the ashtray void - nice and tight!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Busy Sunday yesterday..

New Panhard bushes, this time Original LR parts, rather than the cheapo ones that lasted less then 2000 highway miles only

Removed the seat to have a look underneath ;-) No I was thinking of fitting an amplifier or bass speaker...but yet undecided.

Main reason for taking the seat out was replacing a sagging seat rubber base.

and last but not least, I wanted better on road handling, hence the anti roll bars were fitted.

Well pleased with the result and a great way of spending time on a cold and rainy day.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Swapped out the transfer box for a spare I had lying around, hoping it takes some of the lash out of the transmission - I'm backing the chain being flogged out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Drained and replaced the differential, transfer, and transmission fluids. Snow shoe trip next weekend. Oh, new rover lettering on the hood. Next up, replace the great divide bumper with the ARB and winch combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Repaired a cracked speedo surround plastic and painted it. Not a great job since I have scratch marks from sanding. Will have to remove again and finish better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
and last but not least, I wanted better on road handling, hence the anti roll bars were fitted.

Well pleased with the result and a great way of spending time on a cold and rainy day.

Nice, I was thinking of fitting anti roll bars to my 1990. Have you noticed a big improvement?

Is that a new Britpart kit?

Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes its the britpart kit. Normally not so keen on BP but this works okay and is not expensive. Have it in my top heavy wmik Defender 110 and it is nice. On the RR I also noticed a good improvement in preventing body roll when cornering and going around roundabouts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A couple of days ago, I finally got round totaling the loadspace/tailgate carpet to the trimmers to get the vinyl hinge part between the 2 bits replaced. It was split almost all the way across. So I picked it up today. Nice neat job with some new vinyl.

Next up is the roof lining which is having a gravity problem...
IMG_2515.jpg

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I converted the rear passenger ashtray to a 12vDC charging station. This is a 1995 RRC, so same console/rear-ashtray as the Discovery 1.

View attachment 174146

View attachment 174154

I just chose a dual port panel that offered the options I needed. To fill the voids on each side I used some scrap rubber sheet, 3/8" thickness in two layers. To clear the charger sockets a 29mm hole was required in the deeper layer and 38mm hole in the outer layer (to clear the threaded lock ring). I used 10-24 countersunk machine screws that pass through the rubber, and 10-24 nuts that each have a flat against the outer plastic wall. As the screws are tightened they compress the rubber, which in turn clamps the internal walls of the ashtray void - nice and tight!
so- what can I pay you to send me one of these?

·
Registered
28 Posts
A couple of days ago, I finally got round totaling the loadspace/tailgate carpet to the trimmers to get the vinyl hinge part between the 2 bits replaced. It was split almost all the way across. So I picked it up today. Nice neat job with some new vinyl.

Next up is the roof lining which is having a gravity problem...
View attachment 174554
Isn't it attached the wrong way round?

·
Registered
5 Posts
well, there's the thing... Just after I wrote, i went out to the garage to put it back in and guess what... So thats going back to the trim shop tomorrow. I was also going to give him my headlining to do, now I'm having second thoughts.
As I couldn't put the trim back in, i decided to check out the heated seats to see what was wrong. There is power going there but an open circuit. I removed the seat but chickened out of removing the leather and put it all back together again. Poor evening all things considered...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,686 Posts
It is a stretch as it was not MY Classic, but I hauled a bunch of stumps, logs and brush from the back fourty with an old 95. in the mix we have a HUGE bon fire roaring with a few other Rangie folks. Cocktails, marsh mallows and GASP even wieners are being waved around.

Yup, that is what your RRnet Admins do on their time off. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 399 Posts