RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alarm keeps going off again. Happened a while ago and I read on here it's 99% chance it's the hood switch and I replaced the hood switch and worked for about 1.5 years (Thanks forum :dance:). After a year and half it kept going off again and I replaced the hoodswitch again but it didn't do anything. Bought the iLand tool (Garbage, no support, ended up returning) cleared codes and it seems to lessen the frequency the alarm goes off. Maybe went 2-3 months without it going off but it's going off again.

Looking at the gap iidtool bt tool but a bit sticker shock at $500+ price, especially since no other issues with the car. Not sure if there's a cheaper tool that can detect why the alarm is going off.

About 2+ hours from indie/LR dealer so that doesn't help.

I do every once in a blue moon have a tailgate open warning show up on dash board in the morning, but not every time after the alarm goes off, maybe 5% of the time in the morning after the alarm goes off. During the alarm going off dash just says "column adjust" with hazards lights blinking (actually set up a sound detection camera inside lol).

Is the tailgate open warning for the actual trunk switch (2010 sport HSE) or the small window on top release button? Is it as easy to replace that switch as the hood switch or even fairly easy? Thinking of just replacing a trunk switch and hopefully it fixes it.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
well if the hood switch has been at the root of the alarm going off, simply disconnect the hood switch if your dash give a hood open warning jumper the two wires in the harness to the hood switch.

As far as the "tailgate open" message, that could be as easy as adjusting your tailgate... the bottom part with 2 latches one at each end.

In either way diagnostic gear is not going show a logged code in the alarm system. You only clue what is wrong is the warning in the message and then trouble shooting why these items are showing as open.

Now if you want diagnostic gear to read check engine codes and other systems logged codes there is an entire Diagnostic Equipment section down below General Chatter.

Just in case the upper section gives you issues in the future the warning would be "liftgate open" or "hatch open" I can not remember which it is. That could be as easy as aligning the striker loop on the underside of the upper portion for tight fit It could also be a failed or disconnected microswitch in the latch at the top of the tailgate center.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts