RangeRovers.net Forum banner

What color?

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We I got side swipped and need a new right side front and rear door as well as the rear fender. So I need to find these panels used (none on ebay), anyone have a good breaker in the us? And the last thing I need is to pick a new color for my truck. My current paint is rough and there is no way I can blend the paint to match. I am on a budget plus I like matte/flat paint jobs like the series, so its going to be flat/matte. What color do you think? Keeping the roof white and recoloring the wheels black.

So what color and where can I find the body panels?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Can you get Hello Kitty paint?

Seriously though, a white roof will only look good with green or blue.
If you go for any other colour then colour match the roof.
I'd favour dark green but given that you live somewhere hot and bright you may prefer white.

I'm not a fan of yellow or orange on Range Rovers.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
There is always green with tan roof as the Hunter editions have. Then again I think the Hunter also came in a red with tan roof as well...

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the parts ordered today. Marty has a ton of RRC parts, you can reach him at (207)576-7922

Im torn between navy blue, yellow, or Giverny Green off the 04' D2. I think they would all look good with the white roof. Problem is Navy scratchs to bad.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
I love the Giverny Green but have only seen it on the FFRR and RRS. I didn't know that it was ever used on the D II. I don't care for yellow or orange on a Range Rover (except perhaps the Camel Trophy color). For that matter, I don't care for most blues on Rovers, either. I'm a khaki kind of guy so prefer greens, browns, and beiges, especially the non-metallic ones, such as Arran Beige, Brooklands Green, and Eastnor Green.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

Some years ago a friend of mine had a stock standard early 80's yellow 2 door RRC.
In those days, JRA (Jaguar Rover Australia) assembled CKD units locally.
Its parent company also assembled Peugeots within the same complex.
Common practise was to rationalise costs - hence this yellow was actually a Peugeot colour.

The picture attached is a unit currently for sale on eBay Oz.
It's described as a "mini monster truck"... nice 35's !

I've always liked this "look-at-me" colour... however I can understand why some people don't.

Cheers
Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thought i'd seen this one recently, scouring ebay for an lt230q. In this months lr international there's a disco with matte army paint, not my cuppa tea but worth a look.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a RRC in America is already a look at me car. So painting it yellow probbly wouldnt get it anymore looks. I just like yellow. My boats yellow, my Bianchi is now yellow, so why not my Rover? :lol: I have made the decision to paint it yellow if you couldnt tell. I am keeping the roof white, I am welding a sheet of metal over the sunroof hole (removing sunroof), Im going to have my fiancee paint a union jack on the piece of tin. And Im painting the wheels black but keeping the silver lip just like factory.

I think it will make a nice combo.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Keep it the original color. I think you will be happier. Besides, I favor stock rovers (especially Classics) anyway.

Regarding the body panels, check with roverlandparts.com.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NVRover said:
Keep it the original color. I think you will be happier. Besides, I favor stock rovers (especially Classics) anyway.

Regarding the body panels, check with roverlandparts.com.

Way to expensive. I found a guy in Kentuky that breaks Rovers and is by far cheaper than anyone else.

And my truck is way pass keeping stock. I agree with keeping it stock but since its already so far gone I am going to paint it whatever color I fancy, :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts