RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I had noticed that my steering wheel shakes on the highway at speeds around 65 - 70 mph. It was no big deal but it caught my attention. Anyway, winter came along so my summer tires were dismounted from the rims and winter tires were mounted on the same rims. I did didn't notice the shaking all winter. Last weekend I had the winter tires taken off and my summer tires put back on again and the shaking is back.

I just had the alignment done at NTB at the same time when they mounted and balanced the summer tires. I also checked the air pressure.

Any thoughts of what is causing this?

·
Registered
405 Posts
My 09 did the same thing when new. It turned out to be 2 new out of round Continental tires.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to agree that it would have to be tires since I removed so many of the other variables.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
wulfraat said:
unbalanced tire. bring it back.
I second that.

You knew the answer when you posted the question - It's the tires!
Either out of balance, damaged, manufacturing defect, belts seperating, or chopped treads (usually from suspension problems, not likely on your Range Rover).

·
Registered
405 Posts
According to my dealer, Range Rovers are sensitive to wheel balance so most dealers use a road force machine which is a must. According to the dealer, Land Rover also sent out instructions to dealers on balancing the Rover wheels which includes rotating the tire on the wheel to get as close as possible before adding weights. They can also tell if the tire is out of round which is what we discovered after trying everything else. It fixed the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts