Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to do brakes asap. For the 5.0 SC.

Can’t seem to find much info on what everyone else is using. On the l494 side I see guys using Italia Pads/akebono with either brembo rotors or OEM.

I was thinking of going witg Akebono pads and either Zimmerman or brembo rotors. I’ve had good luck with Zimmerman rotors on many bmws and Audis.

I thought all l405 had just whatever brakes. In the 5 years of owning my 14 I never did the brakes once. When I got the 17 the stopping/pedal responsiveness is night and day between the 14. Besides doing the brakes obviously does anyone think a brake flush would also help?

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
235 Posts
Whatever you do, go with Akebono pads. Much less dust. Unfortunately, I’ll have to wait a long time, as the dealership installed new OEM pads and rotors on my car just before I bought it from them.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I believe the name of the front ceramics I went with for 5.0 was R1concepts (something along that name)

Akebono for the rears.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with Disc Italia ceramic pads with OEM rotors for front brakes. Work well with very little brake dust. Will replace rears with the same or Akebobo when needed.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up getting OEM rotors all around. Akebono pads in the rear and Bosch in the front.

Jurid is apparently the OEM manufacturer for brake pads. They are cheap $125 for fronts and $55 for rears. Unfortunately they are out of stock everywhere.

The akebono cost me $75 and the Bosch were $63 for the fronts. I got OEM rotors for $160 for the front and $130 for the rears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Range Rover Sport and run the Powerstop Evolution brake package (upgraded to them in 2018). The rotors are drilled and slotted and the brake pads are carbon fiber ceramic which produces virtually no dust. They are an excellent upgrade.

www.powerstop.com

·
Registered
168 Posts
Whatever you do, go with Akebono pads. Much less dust. Unfortunately, I’ll have to wait a long time, as the dealership installed new OEM pads and rotors on my car just before I bought it from them.
Some would say if there is no dust there is no pad wear which means you will be replacing rotors much more often as it's the rotor that's wearing instead. Just a thought.

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
235 Posts
Some would say if there is no dust there is no pad wear which means you will be replacing rotors much more often as it's the rotor that's wearing instead. Just a thought.
They would be very misinformed. Unless full metallic, pad material is softer than steel rotors. I put Akebono pads and new rotors on my wife’s Q50. After 10k miles/2 yrs, the pads are wearing quite well with very little dust and no lips on the rotors.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
545 Posts
I use akebono on my l320 with pagid rotors - great setup . Have used Zimmerman on other cars in the past and these are also quality rotors.
tried power stop once and was not as happy …

1 - 12 of 12 Posts