Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this may interest some. Here is an eBay, No Reserve auction for a 55K mile 1993 in Bronze: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Classic-RRC-/321859662813
Sold for $13K. Seller had a BuyItNow of $18K.

We often see listings for cars in the upper teens and even $20s for two doors, but never know if they actually sell or not. This is a good indicator of a real world price.

The seller claims "time capsule" condition. This one should be taken with a grain of salt a it has several aftermarket changes which I think had some impact on the price. I'm not a huge fan of the exterior add ons, but the interior looks as pristine as described other than some typical wear on the driver seat.

Just interesting to keep tabs on these things...

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
310 Posts
I had a friend spend 13k on his 95 lwb a few months ago, and it's currently not running.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh. That stinks. Have you seen his truck? Why do you think it went for so much? Dd he overpay?

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
It may be low mileage and rust free, but it's been castrated, had a load of non-standard bits fitted and the bonnet and front scuttle panel don't fit properly. Whoever bought it paid about 50% over the odds......

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
They are worth what you can get for them. I have a 1993 LWB with 193K miles. Pristine condition. Castrated, but everything else is fairly original minus the stereo system and headlights. I wouldn't take anything less than $9500.

I blew the headgaskets this weekend, so the top end will be rebuilt this week. Which should make it worth much more. LOL

They have definitely been going up in value for the last couple of years. Parts are becoming scarce and expensive.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I bought a castrated LSE a few weeks back. It will be restored, once i've finished the Suffix A and the CSK. That LSE is in good shape from a distance, the aftermarket add-ons can be removed fairly easily to return to OEM. the kicker with the LSE is the body panels that are unique to the LSE, they are getting harder to find. I was offered close to what i paid for my LSE just for the rear doors, engine and gearbox.

It' only going to be worth what someone is preparaed to pay for it, and that's the trutch with everything. With the Classics, good examples and restoration candidates are getting harder to find. I've seen, in the UK, restoration candidates going for what that LSE went for.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I had a friend spend 13k on his 95 lwb a few months ago, and it's currently not running.
Ha! I've spent about that much the past year. Most of it was labor, as I don't have a garage to do the engine swap, nor did I have the time to attempt it. My RRC does run, she passed emissions and safety inspections, but I still have plenty of projects to do, and maintenance is never-ending...I'm torn between keeping her original vs. minor mods.

This eBay find seems to be very clean, though I don't know if I'd have paid 13K for it, as the EAS has been stripped. Now if those Michelins were the original Synchrones, that could be worth something, but 'Time Capsule' is a bit misleading as it's got ARB lockers and a Mantec snorkel, though I wouldn't complain about those.

The new owner did ok for 13k IMHO.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Ugh. That stinks. Have you seen his truck? Why do you think it went for so much? Dd he overpay?
Typical truck in really solid shape from the outside, but an engine that wasn't completely sorted.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
60 Posts
The low mileage is nice but it seems there's always something not quite right. I looked at the pictures and the one of the right rear wheel well show signs of being repainted and there's a fair bit of wear on that drivers seat. If I was buying I would have been thinking more along the lines of $8-9k but that's not much more than a gut feeling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts