RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the year to year changes for P38 2000 vs 2001 vs 2002?

Hey folks this is my first post and this will be my first RR.

I am shopping and it is a tough market out there. I am looking for a 2000 or newer P38. I have been reading up on them for about a month but still have a few questions to help me narrow my search.

My question is that within those years what are the subtle differences? I read somewhere that the grill and other panels came painted in 2001 and some options came as standard on 2001+ models. Any info or links you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Re: What are the year to year changes for P38 2000 vs 2001 vs 2002?

There's a great write up for each year in the home section.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: What are the year to year changes for P38 2000 vs 2001 vs 2002?

Thanks! I knew I saw it somewhere. I'll answer my own question and leave it here for the next noob

2000: Addition of air injection reactor (smog pump) on the engine, further complicating repair work. "Round effect headlights" introduced. Several new model designations, each with minor cosmetic trim variations.
2001: 4.6 model only, in SE and HSE trim. HSE recognizable externally by rub strip with chrome insert, and standard 18 inch wheels. Interior HSE trim differences: GPS system standard, 460 watt stereo, extra wood trim, optional lightstone leather, optional wood and leather steering wheel.
2002: Few Range Rovers sold during first 6 months as customers wait for new model

1 - 3 of 3 Posts