Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a very good price on 07 and later OEM mats - but I have an earlier LM. Does anyone know what the differences are? I think I remember seeing a pic of the later mats and the gas pedal cutout looked different - but I suffer from CRS so I can't remember. :roll:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
No idea, but you can see some photos of both mats at this link (top photo is 07+ set, bottom photo 03-06 set:)

http://www.bputah.com/RR44/Range_Rover_ ... _Mats.html

The front mats - both driver and passenger side - sure look awfully similar in shape regardless of model year... :think: But the rear ones are obviously cut differently on 03-06, compared to 07+.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Umberto.
I thought I remembered seeing a bigger difference. I guess not. I just got an answer on one of the other boards (FFRR - yes I'm unfaithful... `8) ) that the the difference is in the gas pedal cut out and there was a TSB on fitting earlier mats to later cars because the pedal stuck. So I bought the later set for my earlier car - and may have to deal with a bit of dirt in the excessively large gas pedal opening. :roll:

G

·
The rear mats from a 2003-2006 will not fit correctly in a 2007 +.
When we bought our 08 Range, the dealership threw in some new mats because it was snowing in Chicago, but they were for the wrong year and did not fit correctly in the back. We bought new ones and sold the other pair and the new ones fit like a glove.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see if i can get a pic or 2 up, but there is absolutely no problem in fitting the later mats to an earlier car - just in case anyone else is tempted to try. Darrin, do you remember exactly where the earlier mats didn't fit the later RR?

I got a smokin' deal on a brand new set of these:

No more inward-cringing when the family gets into the car with mud up to their knees when we're off in the mountains somewhere... 8)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Good choice, those rubber mats are fantastic, built to last and look tough, I have the same ones on my RRS and never even considered carpet ones after experiencing how effective these are at collecting dirt, mud, water, etc. A quick rinse and they still look nearly new after 5 years, except the driver's where the rubber has almost worn through under my right heel... 150K miles of driving will do that even to the toughest mats. :wink: I also have the same type of mat in the trunk / loadspace, it's just as effective at keeping things clean, plus nothing slides around.

G

·
Stevemfr sorry for the late reply, I just don't get on here as much anymore.
Anyways about the mats, the ones from a 2002-2005 did not fit right in the rear of our newer Rover. The front ones fit snug, but the rear mats were too large.
Sorry about the feet in the shot and the iPhone quality photo :(

Take note of the shape of the mats towards the front (the part that extends under the front seats)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts