Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Both the local independent shops I've used were a bit of a let down when asking about a brake job. One wouldn't quote it over the phone just told me to talk about it when I bring it in and the other couldn't tell me exactly what parts he used just that it wasn't OEM stuff. Do you folks buy OEM rotors and brakes or something aftermarket? I know EBC has a good reputation from over the years. Heard good things about Akebono as well. Not trying to add any noise as the L322 is a daily driver not a track car. This piggie seems to eat up brakes quite quickly and will seemingly deposit material or lunch a rotor if I have to make only one or two emergency stops. Not sure if there is some more aggressive setup that won't give me the same issues. I'd go for better braking performance or better wear, but it seems like we get neither. Also side question do those of you that don't change them yourself go to your indy shop or to a specialized brake shop when it comes time? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Zimmerman Rotors and Akebono pads. No noise, low dust, good power. Indy shop. 2 year / 25k mile warranty.

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Supercharged L322
161 Posts
The Brembo pads are pretty affordable at Rock Auto and the ceramic pads I put on the rear are the Advance Auto Parts house brand and they've been quiet and very low dust. Changing the front pads is silly easy and the rears aren't bad at all. As to the deposits on the rotors, yeah I just drag the brakes down a long hill for a few hundred yards and that seems to clean them off pretty well and yup it eats pads and rotors.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I purchased a 2012 with 100k on it. New brake parts (low dust) all around to include the wear sensors. 2012 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 5.0L V8 Supercharged Brake Pad | RockAuto

I needed to replace the Air Springs all around and messed up going cheap with the Arnott. Failures in less than 2 months. I circled back to the Bilstein and they're great. 2012 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 5.0L V8 Supercharged Air Spring | RockAuto
What a coincidence - me too!
100k miles on my 2012, so new cleaner brake pads from Rock Auto.
EXCEPT - I only replaced the front air struts as they failed (rears rarely fail). AND the Arnotts that I've put on are working great, and are much sturdier than the other air struts I've used on my 2003.

So with the Arnott's having a lifetime warranty, they gave you a refund instead of replacements?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Lots of problems right now with pads varnishing and squealing in less than 5,000 miles, rotors warping. What materials in replacement parts seem to cure this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Supercharged L322
161 Posts
Lots of problems right now with pads varnishing and squealing in less than 5,000 miles, rotors warping. What materials in replacement parts seem to cure this?
More expensive? Lol. I think I'm going to try slotted (not drilled) rotors with the Brembo pads I got and see how it goes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Local shop recommended OEM or Textar. I hadn't heard of that brand before now, but has anyone used such a thing? They're out of Germany.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
36 Posts
Local shop recommended OEM or Textar. I hadn't heard of that brand before now, but has anyone used such a thing? They're out of Germany.
I've had Textar on mine for the last 10k miles or so. All is good so far except one of the front locator screw holes broke on the rotor when I was putting it on. Not a structural issue so I went ahead and used it anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts