RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering My second set! Don't forget the proper wiring harness and control module (year dependent).

For less than $600 total, it seems to be a great bargain! We love ours on my 2008 S/C.

https://parts.landroverparamus.com/oem-parts/land-rover-deployable-side-steps-vplmp0041?c=bT0xJmc9ZXh0ZXJpb3Imcz1zdGVwcyZhPWxhbm Qtcm92ZXImbz1yYW5nZS1yb3ZlciZ5PTIwMTImdD1hdXRvYmlv Z3JhcGh5JmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

Just thought I would pass it along for those who did not know ;-)

[video]https://www.facebook.com/thomas.dibartolo/videos/10215765413666859/[/video]

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
334 Posts
They are nice. Tough install?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Weird, I looked at several vendors and the price is all similar. These used to be a couple of thousand. I want to buy but this just screams scam....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too difficult. The first set took about 5-6 hours. I ordered both of my sets through mirriam Rover. Yes they are very sturdy.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
189 Posts
This is legit. There's others with a similar price too. But remember, you need the side steps, the harness and the control module, so you're still close to $800 - $1K for the set. This price is just the side steps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is legit. There's others with a similar price too. But remember, you need the side steps, the harness and the control module, so you're still close to $800 - $1K for the set. This price is just the side steps.
Just like I stated in the original post ;-)

Items Ordered:
Item: HARNESS - SIDE S
Price: $113.86
Qty: 1

Total (before taxes or discounts): $113.86

Item: MODULE - SIDE ST
Price: $136.90
Qty: 1

Total (before taxes or discounts): $136.90

-----------------------------
Items Total: $250.76
Shipping Method: Signature Req FedEx Grd 3-7 Days
Shipping: $20.06
_________
Order Total: $270.82

The steps were $283 plus $100 shipping (when ordering online they only charge you $28 for shipping. Then they call you and ask for more money.)

$383 +
$270.82

$653.82 total.

As ad_astra stated, make sure you order the correct harness and control module as they are different for the various years. The steps are good for 2006-2012 l322's (and probably the earlier years too? I am sure someone here will know :).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Out first set after installation :dance:
[video]https://www.facebook.com/thomas.dibartolo/videos/10215765413666859/[/video]

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
23 Posts
Thank you so much for this thread and the detailed information.

I went to the link you provided -- Land Rover Paramus -- put the steps in my shopping cart, called and got the part numbers for the harness and the module for my 2006 L322 S/C, and when I went to checkout, the shipping was $244.90 to Nashville, TN (way more than the $20.06 and $100 mentioned in your latest post).

I called Louis at Land Rover Paramus at (551) 276-7060 and he said that they have not had any "movement" on the side steps since August, and that was a local pickup. He wouldn't budge on the shipping.

I would really like the steps but I just don't think I can stomach that shipping bill.

Is it possible that you put the wrong link (that is, to Land Rover **Paramus**) at the start of this thread or do you have stronger kung fu than I do?

·
Registered
23 Posts
That explains it.

FWIW, Paramus' parts prices were lower (total ticket, including the module and harness, was $605.36 for Paramus vs $642.21 for Merriam) but the **quoted** shipping was just $51.38 (although they may ask for more shipping money per your previous post).

I'm probably going to call my local dealer to see if I can simply pick up the parts from them -- Tennessee sales tax of 9.25% (we have no income tax in this state) may be less than the shipping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anybody have any part numbers for the harness and module... finding prices for these higher than what is in the post

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks like this (magnificent) install was done on a 2008 S/C. I have a 2006 S/C and I have been told by two different dealers that, because my truck has a mix of BMW and LR these steps (I think the modules and harness more than anything) will not work on my truck (they will only, from what I have been told, work on a 2007 and later).

Has anybody installed these on a 2006?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
They can not be installed on 2006 or older. So nobody has done so.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Guys, it seems like I need to get rid of mud flaps from front fenders in order to install side steps(running boards), and my concern is two or even tree bolts(holes) in the plastic cover on fender that will became visible after removing mud flaps, how do you handle\fix it? Repaint bottom plastic fender cover to close these holes or any other ideas?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
189 Posts
I thought the fixed side steps came with front mudflap replacements that were part of the step assembly? From the install videos I've seen online they should cover the existing holes. PowerfulUK has a video on it.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The fixed running boards come with the front wheel well mudflaps as part of the package, and I think they are different than the standard mudflaps, as the front edge of the running boards attach or at least fit into a depression in the back face of the flap. The deployable running boards don't require the flaps, and the front mudflaps may not even fit with them installed.

When you install mud flaps they attach inside the wheel well to a couple of the existing screws that hold the inner wheel well liner in place, and I believe there are three holes that need to be into the plastic fender panel below the engine compartment vents infront of the door to hold the flap tight to the body. I have a brand new set of flaps sitting in my basement and that exact issue is why I have never installed them. I don't want to have to replace that panel, or the rear bumper cover (same install method) if I wanted to remove the flaps later. I was wondering if a strip of trim tape running the length of the flap where it meets the fender would hold it tight to the body, along with the screws inside the wheel well so I wouldn't have to drill those holes, becasue theres no way I'm drilling holes in the outer body panels of the truck to mount them.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts