Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The floor under the driver side front and rear carpets gets flooded with water whenever it rains.
The headliner isn't stained so I believe it might be a sunroof drain issue coming out of the car; not sure if it's the front or rear.
I tried to trace the drain tubes from the A & D pillars but I still can't find where the drain exists the vehicle.
Does anyone know where the locations of the drain outputs are?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ihave a 2017 Discovery that experienced a similar issue. The headlining didn’t get super wet but water came streaming out of the grab handle in the rear seat. After two tries, they traced it to a drain/gutter line that want connected properly. Not a lot of rain here in SoCal but haven’t had an issue again. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography V8 Supercharged
10 Posts
Do you have any news on what was the problem? And how did you fix it? How did you get to the drain tubes?
Thanks
Zombie thread but no one helped. I found my issue. The drain nipples on each side of the sunroof just behind the B pillars corroded and crumbled. The debris clogged the drain lines and both lines had broken free. Ruining the headliner over a period of time. I only found these because I replaced the headliner. I cleared the lines carefully, used a silicone sealant around the remaining bit of the drain nipple and used a hose clamp very lightly clamping over the silicone and nubs. Why that connector is made of steel instead of aluminum is mind blowing. Our sport autobiography has no rust anywhere except those apparently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts