RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If I can assume your name is code for where you live, there's a cheap running disco over in Melbourne for $600 right now. If you desperately need a cheap rover. And I saw a bunch in marketplace on Facebook in the Orlando area for sale. Almost bought a couple.
Hey WrenchMonger, yes I live in South Florida. I didn't noticed the Disco in Melbourne, but I'll look again. I did spot two P38's in the Orlando area. The light green one has too many miles (213K), and the white one, owner says fan stop working and was heating up. I'm about 4 hours away from Orlando and not sure about taking a look. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1995 p38a
38 Posts
Hey WrenchMonger, yes I live in South Florida. I didn't noticed the Disco in Melbourne, but I'll look again. I did spot two P38's in the Orlando area. The light green one has too many miles (213K), and the white one, owner says fan stop working and was heating up. I'm about 4 hours away from Orlando and not sure about taking a look. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
Nice! In Facebook there's a Florida land rover owners club, it's good and filled with people throughout the state. And there's always a few Rovers for sale on there.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
771 Posts
Way to much, needs TLC, bonnet open is simple, adjust or unplug micro switch on rh latch, windows not working, most probably needs a replace switch panel, coolant stain on floor, heater o-rings for sure, all the traction,abs, lights ect, needs to be plugged in, the fact it’s been castrated ( EAS ) although people will swear by coils, it was made with air, that’s what gives the smooth ride,, it’s only a matter of looking after the eas and it can be problem free..
it would need to be in exceptional condition for me to pay that much with the faults, in all honesty it’s a $500-$1000 car.
my personal one with low mileage, no oil leaks, lpg converted, nice interior, if a got $2000 I’d be smiling , unfortunately for you, mines a rhd in the uk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Way to much, needs TLC, bonnet open is simple, adjust or unplug micro switch on rh latch, windows not working, most probably needs a replace switch panel, coolant stain on floor, heater o-rings for sure, all the traction,abs, lights ect, needs to be plugged in, the fact it’s been castrated ( EAS ) although people will swear by coils, it was made with air, that’s what gives the smooth ride,, it’s only a matter of looking after the eas and it can be problem free..
it would need to be in exceptional condition for me to pay that much with the faults, in all honesty it’s a $500-$1000 car.
my personal one with low mileage, no oil leaks, lpg converted, nice interior, if a got $2000 I’d be smiling , unfortunately for you, mines a rhd in the uk. View attachment 287915
[/QUOTE}
Looks great! I'd keep it if I were you, unless you absolutely must sell. Too bad you're so far away!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I might justify spending 2k on one. And it's good that it's had a coil conversion already, just sounds like it has a couple little things wrong with it that can be easily sorted. I see them all the time for under 2k for running and driving ones.auto clicker

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I might justify spending 2k on one. And it's good that it's had a coil conversion already, just sounds like it has a couple little things wrong with it that can be easily sorted. I see them all the time for under 2k for running and driving ones.
I don't see that many P38's here in Florida driving around. I see many more people driving pick-up trucks from Toyota, Ford, and other brands.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts