RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I will be back in a RR some day but for now we need the seating for the kids. I still have the LR3 but its just too small for long trips and after getting stuck twice in snow with my Navigator something had to go. I really appreciate all the information from this site and help from everyone. If you see a white LX off-road someday its probably me. I dont think they have a big off-road following!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey Parr what is a BMW R12000??? Could you post a pic? Is it some sort of sporty coupe?

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
Re: Well the RR is going waiting on new LX coming in a few hours

gw2doc said:
PARR06 said:
$150 ea. with tire pressure sensors.

Your dealer is right... they really improved this vehicle.
Hey Parr what is a BMW R12000??? Could you post a pic? Is it some sort of sporty coupe?
If you mean the R1200 it's a sporty coup missing two wheels and a roof.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
42 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
gw2doc said:
PARR06 said:

LOL :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
yrbender said:
I'm sure I will be back in a RR some day but for now we need the seating for the kids. I still have the LR3 but its just too small for long trips and after getting stuck twice in snow with my Navigator something had to go. I really appreciate all the information from this site and help from everyone. If you see a white LX off-road someday its probably me. I dont think they have a big off-road following!!
LR3 too small? I always thought it had a lot of room in there. Wow.
What is an LX though?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

I have had a LR3 before and internally I think its actually bigger than a RR just feels a bit small in the seat department...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

AHA the Lexus LX it is then: (Its a Toyota Land Cruiser badged Lexus by the look of it)

Not a Range Rover by any means but least it will not go wrong. Bet they add a bit $$$$ for the Lexus badge as well, Good luck :) :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Gazellio said:
I have had a LR3 before and internally I think its actually bigger than a RR just feels a bit small in the seat department...
The LR 3 is actually smaller than the RR they just fit more seats in it. I thought it was larger too until they were both in my garage.

The LX is a Lexus 570/TLC the RR is a much nicer drive.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Gazellio said:
Sorry misread the post internally is correct.

·
Registered
565 Posts

yrbender said:

If anyone is interested I have:

Third seat option from atlantic british in grey
new rubber floor mats 4 pieces
safety devices roof rack and ladder.

Looking to sell all.
The interior of the LX is so nice. It is very close to my LS460 and it is a really nice place to be :)

·
Registered
293 Posts

rrtoadhall said:
gw2doc said:
PARR06 said:
$150 ea. with tire pressure sensors.

Wow weird, sounds like it could be a motorcycle! Lol jk!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

Yeah, it's a motorcycle... :D

·
Registered
121 Posts

luxury1 said:
yrbender said:

If anyone is interested I have:

Third seat option from atlantic british in grey
new rubber floor mats 4 pieces
safety devices roof rack and ladder.

Looking to sell all.
The interior of the LX is so nice. It is very close to my LS460 and it is a really nice place to be :)
Lexus is ok if you like a bland driving experience. Good quality and nice interiors but still a little vanilla for me. Looking for a car, get the 911, lookin for a SUV, the Range Rover is where its at. Both these cars offer a great driving experience as you know :wink: Now if I can only get that guy to let me buy back my 07 Carrera S :(

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

As Japanese cars go the Lexus LX and the Toyota Land Cruiser are really good comfy, spacious, safe family cars but are overpriced IMHO. The Range Rover is simply in a different league so its hard to compare.

Good luck its a nice truck. :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on the LX. I did a google search and pulled up Honda Pilot LX, Mitsubishi LX, Mustang LX, Kia Pride LX, Liberty Sedan LX AND the Lexus LX. :D

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Unique thing about the LX is they are very hard to come by. If you have a specific color and options you need to order if from Japan and can take 4 months+ for delivery. I feel in 5 years the resale will be much better than a RR. I would pick a RR any day over the LX but my wife likes the LX so here I am. Actually, the mark up on the RR is quite a bit more than the LX. My primary compliants are the running boards and the mud flaps on the LX.

IMHO RR is very close to over taking the LX they have come leaps and bounds from their troubles of the past. My 010 still had trouble with the push button start and the CD and DVD loader were similar to those in the 90's. Also the bluetooth was till not capable of playing audio from my phone that my Ford F250 does without problems.

The LX also has a system similar to On-star which is a nice feature I think would be a great assest to the LR badge. My Ford has that too but you need to have a sync phone in the Ford.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

OK Yrbender lets have a few pictures of the actual car then please?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts