RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY, I have my rangie back. I missed it so much! My problem was the catch screen on the brake reservoir was so clogged up that the pump could not pull fluid from it any longer. The pump was basically pumping air into the system and eventually destroyed the accumulator. I initially thought it was the pump, so I rebuilt/replaced it. Then I found out my accumulator was shot. Then I found out the reason was the reservoir. I cleaned out the old reservoir (with the intention to replace it soon) and all is well now. This is a good CHANGE YOUR FLUIDS lesson, which The previous owner(s) did not do. My poor rover sat for over a month... I forgot how nice it handles. Anyways its good to have it back. Thanks for your help Jos, Viperover, and Ghur!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats. I know what you mean, mine was a lawn ornament for a while as well.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Great to hear..

Check out the pics on my blog relating to a cut away brake fluid reservoir, scary stuff
I have 2 of these in stock and another 2 on the way but owners dont want to replace, guess I make more in the end but thats not the point.

Cheers

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out the pics on my blog relating to a cut away brake fluid reservoir, scary stuff
I have 2 of these in stock and another 2 on the way but owners dont want to replace, guess I make more in the end but thats not the point.
Hey Viperover. I am almost finished with an ABS tutorial that explains the operation of the pump (specifically for rebuilding and servicing) as well as some common problems that are not addressed on the RRs.net website. I've established a link to your blog on this website/page and have posted the instructions you gave me for removing and cleaning the reservoir. I am hopping that this site/page will help others with the same or similar dilemma that I had. I am about 75% complete with it and will post it as soon as I get it done. I would also like any other members to post their solutions to specific problems with the ABS pump as well. This will help diversify the tutorial so that every problem that can occur is addressed. I am hopping to make this a sticky, or at least a part of the RangeRovers.net website. I have learned a lot about the system thanks to everyone on the forum, and would like to render my experience with web design to help others on the forum. Thanks all for your help and I'll post the tutorial as soon as I get it done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
lrscott, please let me know when you are done with the brake pump servicing tutorial. I need to clean the brake fluid reservoir and possibly replace the pump's check valve. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts